Thread: The Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island

1. The Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island

I didn't see a single mention of this game anywhere on the board, and it's about 6 weeks from release so I figure it's time.

Basically, the story goes, Bill Tiller (Curse of Monkey Island art director) wanted to do a new Monkey Island game, but LucasArts were being a bunch of cocks and trying to bury their adventure licenses, so Tiller decided to come up with an original IP that would basically be Monkey Island with a character switching hook a la Maniac Mansion or Day of the Tentacle.

A few years go by and finally his game goes into production. A month after it's announced, LucasArts announces Tales of Monkey Island and SoMI Remake and steals a lot of Tiller's thunder.

All the same, this looks very good, and I hear Larry Ahearn (CoMI director/writer) is working at Autumn Moon now as well, so that bodes well.

http://www.ghostpiratesofvoojuisland.com/
    Click for full size

Click for full size

2. Fantastic art direction at least. Rather play this than Tales of Monkey for the looks alone. Yes, I am shallow.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

3. I can't believe I didn't make this thread. It's true, the art is so so so nice but everything else is a wildcard as far as I can tell. Here's hoping for a good localization (see: Ceville).

edit: OH just in case you haven't seen it, this is a semi-recent (post Curse, anyway) drawing of the MI1 SCUMM Bar by Bill Tiller:

Click for full size

Tales turned out pretty well but god almighty I would kill for a Monkey Island like this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bill_Tiller_ScummBar.jpg 
Views:	10875 
Size:	665.3 KB 
ID:	50926  
    Last edited by epmode; 29 Dec 2009 at 08:03 AM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I didn't see a single mention of this game anywhere on the board, and it's about 6 weeks from release so I figure it's time.

Basically, the story goes, Bill Tiller (Curse of Monkey Island art director) wanted to do a new Monkey Island game, but LucasArts were being a bunch of cocks and trying to bury their adventure licenses, so Tiller decided to come up with an original IP that would basically be Monkey Island with a character switching hook a la Maniac Mansion or Day of the Tentacle.

A few years go by and finally his game goes into production. A month after it's announced, LucasArts announces teresa fidalgo Tales of Monkey Island and SoMI Remake and steals a lot of Tiller's thunder.

All the same, this looks very good, and I hear Larry Ahearn (CoMI director/writer) is working at Autumn Moon now as well, so that bodes well.

http://www.ghostpiratesofvoojuisland.com/
    Click for full size

Click for full size
    I love all ghost and pirates stories

5. To book Southwest Airlines Flights from the Southwest Airlines Reservations Official Site with the best deals for your favorite destinations, call us now.

6. Quote Originally Posted by southwestdeasls View Post
    To book Southwest Airlines Flights from the Southwest Airlines Reservations Official Site with the best deals for your favorite destinations, call us now.
    What's the deasl with airplane peanuts?