Page 15 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread: 2010 Edition

1. Dante's Inferno.

Do not buy this game. Its a fucking grab the goddamn lever fest. I thought the demo was awesome but the game really really drags. RENTAL ONLY.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

2. #5: Mega Turrican - 326310 (Hard)

Got into the secret area in the first world, getting all gems (200), but missed some in the final 2 worlds.

While some major changes have been made such as the removal of the lightning gun and the hidden boxes, MT still feels proper to the series - unlike SNES Super Turrican 2 which has excessively linear platform stages and overdoes the vehicle combat scenes.

3. 1. Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (DS): No lie, the thing sat unfinished for awhile. I just didn't have it in me to finish it up. Yesterday though I wrapped up the final mission.

2. Mario and Luigi: Bower's Inside Story (DS): Was also around the endgame on this for a bit. Didn't have the heart to finish - it's rare that I'm 'sad' to finish a game (because then it's over), but felt that way here. Best Mario RPG around.

3. Darksiders (360): Just finished it. Man, is that ending rushed or what? No last dungeon, the last boss is a total pushover, and the setup for a sequel...? I'm ok with it in a way (because they at least ended the story that was introduced) but that last-minute 'to be continued' thing is nonsense. Who am I kidding though? I'd get Darksiders 2.
    Last edited by Hero; 10 Feb 2010 at 10:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I really wish a lot of things were as a lot of things as GOD HAND.
    Same here (but I still haven't finished it!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

5. #4: Legend of Mana; though the disc froze in the end so I can' start up a nightmare game which sucks. This game is kind of absurdly complex in ways, and then simple in it's battle system. But most of the stories are likeable, it has a fantastic soundtrack and is all around a pretty damn good game. It's just the fighting is soo easy that I actually want to try a hard mode, also so I can spend some time on the crafting which if you spend any time reading a faq on it, is kind of ridiculously complex, though rewarding.

The whole observer aspect of the main character is kind of rad though, it reminds being the Tactitician in the first GBA Fire Emblem, just an avatar of the person playing, with no impact on the events of the world other than the simple choices you make and how well you play the game. I kind of would like to see this more often.

ALSO LIL CACTUSSSS
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. 5. Mass Effect 2

This is one of those single player games that has an ending that pumps me up and almost makes me forget the flaws. But I gotcha, SON.

Most of the main quest stuff was pretty interesting to watch/listen/choose your own adventure to, even if the combat was mostly more "not bad" than "amazing". The loyalty missions could be boring from time to time, and I'm sure some people spaced it out in a way where that didn't bother them. The game was too easy on Veteran. I don't think I had to constantly make important decisions in ME1's combat, either, but I was playing that on Normal.

It did pick up a good amount once I hit the start of the last main story arc reaper IFF. Liked the non-game parts of the ending, too. The plot decision stuff was great, there. The battle itself wasn't stellar.

Pretty cool game. Hopefully the difficulty on Insane lets me not just snipe the living shit out of everything with my Gigantic Iron Beam launcher!

Wish I could have imported my 360 Shepard, but the PC SHINE was so worth it. Female Shepard's better anyway.
    Last edited by Tain; 11 Feb 2010 at 10:45 PM.

8. Darksiders (Xbox 360)

Finished on Apocalyptic with every item, equipment, enhancement, power, combat move, armor, weapon, and level-up in 29+ hours. This game was fantastic from start to finish. It doesn't do any one thing well, but it does an excellent job of bringing together a little bit of everything, from the nice combat system to the cleverly-designed dungeons to the epic boss fights. Sure, the writing is a little juvenile, but I love the art style, character designs, and the Heaven-and-Hell theme. The game's environments are also well-crafted, providing diverse locales that still manage to come together in one cohesive world.

If I had to complain about something, I would say that despite spending nearly 30 hours on it, I wanted more. I wish the world was even bigger, that there were more dungeons, more boss fights, and more secret treasures. This isn't because the game was lacking, but because I enjoyed it so much I didn't want it to come to an end so soon. It's also a bit of a bummer that once you're fully powered up there isn't anything else to do but to fight the last boss.

Overall, though, an awesome first outing for Vigil, and one of my favorite games this generation.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    Overall, though, an awesome first outing for Vigil, and one of my favorite games this generation.
    Mine too. At least we know the sequel is coming. When it will come is another matter...

10. Same here, I'm a sucker for adventure games and this one was fantastic.