Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread: 2010 Edition

1. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    #3. Assassins Creed.

It was good, although at times some of the controls were frustrating. It made the eternally ridiculous mistake of water = death. I expected better from a "next-gen" game then something that silly. At times i felt like i was rushing through the game since i would only investigate as far as i needed to to unlock an assassination memory. Then when i bothered fully researching i realized i was only missing flag chases and sitting on benches. Apparently a lot was fixed and remedied in the sequel, so i am excited to play it.
    No water deaths in the sequel. At least from what I saw my brother playing so far.

2. Yeah, you can swim. Complete with swan dive.

3. 3. Genetos

That was pretty quick. pick your nose: get an extend. Might be cool for score, no clue.

4. #1 for 2010 is God of War (PS3). I've had the PS2 version for years, but never got around to finishing it. The trophies and HD graphics made it worth trying all over again.

5. 4. Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Sloppy. Xana's speech is hilarious. It seems like it's impossible to find abilities in the game that wouldn't be overpowered. There's some enjoyment to be had from messing around with different ways to kill enemies, even if it's all a pretty big cakewalk. The game's obviously not in the same ballpark as SS2, Deus Ex, and Bioshock.

6. 1. Marvelous(sfc)

It's like a Wii game on the Super Nintendo. Bunch of scenes where it zooms in on that you have to smack around/operate with your hand, and you also use a cursor to click on items around the screen. Really well done game though and it sucks that Aonuma apparently earned a career of working on Zelda forever after directing it, but it's given me a reason to try out some of the more recent games in that series since I think the last one I played was Ocarina of Time.

I'm still waiting for a translated rom of Marvelous. Usually the transhack scene seems to favour SFC stuff so I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet.

8. #2: The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (360)

Finished EfBB on hard. What a great game. I did get sick of the dev stripping away all your weapons time and time again. By the 3rd time, you just want to say enough. The last boss(es) are also ridiculously tough on Hard, but I made it through and will take a break before I get into Dark Athena.
    Last edited by kingoffighters; 15 Jan 2010 at 01:39 AM.

9. #2 - Bayonetta (360) - Love every moment of it. Going to go through it now on Hard.

10. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    #2 CoDMW2 (on Normal). I'll go back and slog through the veteran levels but I wasn't as impressed with this as (seemingly) everyone else is. That scene at the airport was completely unnecessary and I hated the (M. Knight Shyamalan) plot twists. Even the snow mobile and boat scenes bothered me.
    Ran through this on Veteran - definitely the easiest Veteran COD ever.