View Poll Results: Do you want the next generation of consoles to launch now?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES. The graphics on PS360 are way behind the PC.

12 20.00%
  • NO. I don't want to pay $600 for a next gen console.

48 80.00%
Page 1 of 18 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for the Next Generation?

1. Time for the Next Generation?

We're roughly five years into the 256-bit generation (heh). PCs are now a full generation ahead of the consoles. Is it time for MS and Sony to launch newer, graphically superior consoles?
    No gnus is good gnus.

2. Nope. I'm perfectly content with my PS3 and 360. I have a high end DX11 card in my computer and couldn't care less.

3. Does anyone really care about graphics anymore? I'm sure there'll always be a contingent of people who are dead set on the latest and greatest, but I think the (mostly) death of that kind of game on the PC, and the popularity of Wii, DS, iOS, and free to play online games go against the battle for the best graphics on the block.

Personally I'd like to see the current consoles further miniaturized until they're both the size of a Mac Mini.

4. Yeah it would be cool if consoles did what PC did, but the jump won't be large enough that general people will even appreciate it or understand why they're shelling out more money for a console.

It's past time for a new console. I wish Sony and Microsoft would go fuck off though in terms of more proprietary bullshit. Let them go find another industry to ruin. ebooks would be a good choice.

Also, I like how Schlep uses iOS as an example of graphics not mattering when that platform has the fastest graphics race I've seen in quite a while and new hardware every year. You're going to compare something that runs UE3 to the DS? GTFO.

6. No. 2012 at the earliest, 2013 more likely.

I'm good with how things are. Graphics is tight.

8. Considering I use my PS3 mostly for movies and my PC works fine as is......eh. "Generations" stopped for me a while ago. I don't need the newfangledness.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Also, I like how Schlep uses iOS as an example of graphics not mattering when that platform has the fastest graphics race I've seen in quite a while and new hardware every year. You're going to compare something that runs UE3 to the DS? GTFO.
    I'm saying that iOS is taking a chunk out of console and PC which usually have better graphics, not that there aren't varying levels of graphics on iOS.

10. New consoles will happen in 2012 - 2013. I just hope developers decided next gen is the fps gen. I'll take less fancy shaders for stable 60fps.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.