Page 3 of 291 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Pub 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    Josh, am I correct in guessing that you store the bottles in the dark? It seems like even the darkest bottles are permeable to light given enough time.
    Correct! My long term big bottle storage is a cardboard wine box (totally full D: ). My long term small bottle storage is in a cabinet over the sink.

2. You should get a pic of your entire collection on here. I'll try and post one tomorrow.

I'll use yours as inspiration for dragging my shit out and doing the same.

4. One thing to keep in mind when "holding" beers is that they may not age all that well in the bottle. With booze, for instance, it ages awesome...if still in the oak casket. In the bottle? Uh...not so much.

The moral? Drink up, Judah Ben-Hur.

2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

5. It will be rotating out of season soon, but this shit is THE shit. West Coast Legend confirmed:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jubelale-2009.jpg 
Views:	1394 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	51049  
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by The_Meach View Post
    One thing to keep in mind when "holding" beers is that they may not age all that well in the bottle. With booze, for instance, it ages awesome...if still in the oak casket. In the bottle? Uh...not so much.

The moral? Drink up, Judah Ben-Hur.
    I agree with this to an extent. Bottle fermented beers, however, are designed for aging. Beers with more complex flavours and ingredients too.

From my own personal experience with both 120 minute and Worldwide Stout these benefit from a few years of proper care as well.

I also went to a "vintage" beer tasting and had a 10 year old bottle of Tomas Hardy (which I normally HATE) but the '99 that I had was considerably mellowed out, and tasty. I also had three stouts from three different years brewed with the same ingredients, and each bottle was perceptibly different.

So, um, ymmv I suppose. I know that with Dogfish I learned my lesson, and always buy two bottles. One for immediate enjoyment, and one for long term plans.

7. Does anybody here like Kronenbourg? They've recently been installing a lot of Kronenbourg taps in a few local dives around here and I really dig it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. Videodrome was pretty good.

9. I personally am not that big of a beer drinker. I prefer hard liqueur over beer. That said though I've come to really appreciate Guinness in the last few months. I find most beer to be just a bit too bitter for my tastes. Guinness how ever has a really nice creamy smooth flavor to it, that I really enjoy.

Has anyone here every tried brewing their own?
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. I was over at a family friends eating one of those multiple meal sort of things, and it really opened my eyes as to using the proper wine for the proper food. The family was from chapagne with their own winery, so we got to try a bunch of different types of wines with different types of food at each course, and the difference was just incredible.

We had a set of foie gras that was not very good by itself (too rich maybe?), and then a wine that was way too sweet for my tastes, but when put together were just excellent. Mismatching was the worst too, putting the wrong wine with the wrong food made things inedible.

I remember reading somewhere on here some of the rules for wine drinking, but it was something simple like white with white, red with red. There has to be more too it than just that.

Edit: For drew, kroenbourg seems to be the most popular beer in france. That doesn't say much about its quality though, as the French and beer tastes are nothing to write home about.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life