Page 7 of 291 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Pub 2010

1. I had a Dogfish Raison D'extra last night.

Wonderful. And for $12 a bottle at a fancy Belgian cafe, the price was very right (that's what, only a $3 markup or so?)

Yeah, I think I paid around $9 a bottle for mine. How does it compare to the Raison D'Etera? I'm trying to figure out a good food pairing.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The regular is horrible, but they make one of the best white's i've ever had, and I particularly enjoy wheats.

Click for full size

*note-- you probably won't find this in the States. Lord knows I've tried for 2 years now.

Josh-- where do you go around the Baltimore area for places with very large micro selections? (and I hope it's ~driveable from Annapolis)
    I've had it on tap already. Very citrusy if I can recall.

I bought a pint of Stella Artois the other night to see what all the fuss was about. Didn't get it. It tasted like a shitty Budweiser. (and I actually don't mind Canadian-brewed Bud for a casual drunkeness)
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 08 Jan 2010 at 01:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    The Perfect Pour will blow your fucking mind. For real.
    Sweet--it's pretty damn close to Linthicum/Ft. Meade where my gf works. It's about 28 miles from her place, but if I take the train there we can swing by from BWI or I could drive there on my way to Annapolis.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I believe it was. It was delicious, though.

Thank Hubbitron... he told me about that place.

I went in and spent $138 my first time there. Be careful!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Thank Hubbitron... he told me about that place.

I went in and spent $138 my first time there. Be careful!
    Hubbitron is always forcing people to spend money.

That titty joint loving son of a bitch.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Yeah, I think I paid around $9 a bottle for mine. How does it compare to the Raison D'Etera? I'm trying to figure out a good food pairing.
    It has a very similar overall flavor to the D'etre but much, much darker. It has a really deep caramel raisin flavor to it. It's also surprisingly smooth for being 18%.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post

I bought a pint of Stella Artois the other night to see what all the fuss was about. Didn't get it. It tasted like a shitty Budweiser. (and I actually don't mind Canadian-brewed Bud for a casual drunkeness)
    I hate Stella, but it's cheap and packs a nice punch at 5.2% so when it was b1g1 in the UK, it was my get drunk beer of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    It's also surprisingly smooth for being 18%.
    Jesus, it's like a fucking bottle of Port.