Page 9 of 291 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Pub 2010

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    This included a kriek lambic (Lindeman's), which was something I'd never had before. Probably not the sort of thing I'd drink all the time, but it's definitely different. Very sweet, tart, fruity beer -- a perfect girl drink, pretty much, and good on a cold winter night. They had a framboise as well, which was similar, but I preferred the kriek.

This is always the drink that my female friends get when we go out drinking because they don't like beer.

Just saying.

2. Hey, I said it was a girl drink.

3. It's really a double edged sword.

On one hand, it's so ridiculously sweet & fruity that girls will drink it, so it's just a little bit homogay.

On the other, there's still beer in it so it's not like you're ordering a cosmo or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K View Post
    I didn't really like this. Who wants to drink something that hoppy at Christmas?
    This is how I felt. It tasted like drinking the Christmas tree.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K View Post
    This is always the drink that my female friends get when we go out drinking because they don't like beer.

Just saying.
    I like it. I know what you mean, but if all girl beer tasted like that the world would be a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    This is how I felt. It tasted like drinking the Christmas tree.
    Alaskan's winter beer is brewed with spruce tips and you can taste them! Sound strange? It is! It's surprisingly good, though, and I like it much better than Alaskan Amber, the only other offering of theirs I've had.

6. I hate those heavily spice beers. They are never good. It like liquid pine needles.

Speaking of lambics and christmas beers, one of my favorite local breweries New Glarus made a cranberry lambic as their limited holiday beer this year. It was amazing. Unlike some fruity lambics it wasn't overly sweet. Still very sweet for a beer, but it still has lots of depth and the funky lambic taste to it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20091117_4.JPG 
Views:	257 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	51207  

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbitron View Post
    You should get a pic of your entire collection on here.
    Ok...

Allagash:
    Click for full size

Dogfish Ancient Ales:
    Click for full size

Other Dogfish. HEY LOOK SQUALL IPA:
    Click for full size

Dogfish small bottles. Worldwide Stout, 120 min, and Raison De'Extra are 2007's. Everything else is 2009.
    Click for full size

Random big bottles:
    Click for full size

Southern Tier big bottles:
    Click for full size

Has anyone ever had, or even seen Cuvée series 3? I know it's a blend of 1 and 2, but I want a bottle anyway. I don't know the ratio, or I'd make my own.

Not pictured: Clipper City Below Decks - 2007, 2008 and 2009. Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, Southern Tier Creme Brulée Stout, and some fucking Banana Bread beer that I'm afraid to try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0161.JPG 
Views:	314 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	51208   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0162.JPG 
Views:	314 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	51209   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0163.JPG 
Views:	310 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	51210   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0165.JPG 
Views:	306 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	51211  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0166.JPG 
Views:	311 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	51212   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0168.JPG 
Views:	310 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	51213  

8. I just had a bottle of the Delirium Nocturnum last night, while in NYC for the weekend. Very nice.

Bought it at the Whole Foods in Chelsea, and let me tell you, it is FUCKING DEPRESSING that we can't sell alcohol in the pennsylvania stores. Such a great selection and I get a 20% discount. Fuck you PLCB.

9. I have found myself enjoying many of the white wines and champagnes in france, but HATING them in the states (well, some champagnes are ok). Maybe it is that they are too sweet in the states for the most part? Granted, I haven't gotten into the really expensive wines in the states because of the price barrier though. Here they are an order of magnitude cheaper, something like 5 times cheaper. You can get things equivalent to our $10 bottles for $1.50.

Beer on the other hand is a sad state of affairs everywhere I go. Kronenbourg is everywhere and I don't like it at all. The only respite for me is a reasonably large amount of leffe, which I don't mind at all.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

10. In Italy we would buy a 5 liter jug of wine for ten euro that was as good as any $20 bottle in the states. It was absurd.

And if that wasn't cheap enough you could grab a liter of wine in a plastic bottle for one euro. Ridiculous.

Those were the days...