Page 2 of 291 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Pub 2010

1. Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    The only St. Bernardus that I have had is the Abt 12. How do these others compare?
    The Christmas ale is alright. Nothing beats the Abt. 12. It's from a Monastery. They only know how to make up to 3 beers anyway.

Add a bottle of Pangea and Raison D'Extra to this...

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

Add a bottle of Pangea and Raison D'Extra to this...
    That looks hella-deliscious. Can you ship that to me?

No.

A fair amount of those I'm not opening for years anyway. The Fort is a 35th birthday present to myself, the Worldwide Stout is for when Rebecca graduates from college.

Other events will present themselves as time goes on.

6. For that reason I won't create a thread when I see it's your birthday. May you rot in hell you bastard.

Also, send me your beer or you're a faggot. And you know what we do to faggots.

Edit: damn you and your reasons!

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbitron View Post
    The Christmas ale is alright. Nothing beats the Abt. 12. It's from a Monastery. They only know how to make up to 3 beers anyway.
    Good to know; I won't bother with the rest then. Abt. 12 is delicious.

Josh, am I correct in guessing that you store the bottles in the dark? It seems like even the darkest bottles are permeable to light given enough time.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    On topic time!

St. Bernardus Prior 8:

It's a Belgian Dubbel, which I can't really taste yet because I just slaughtered my taste buds with a fake chicken patty with pepper jack cheese and marinara sauce (bangin).

Honestly, I don't think this is as good as the Allagash Dubbel Reserve, which has become my standard for judging Belgian, and Belgian style beers. This has a thin mouthfeel, with a slightly farty aftertaste. Not as sweet as other Dubbels I've had. Rather drinkable for the 8%, but I don't think I'd get this again.

Might open up one of the 2007 Raison D'Extra's I have lying around later tonight. Will update with the infos.
    Duvel is pretty good if you like something in this genre. Not a true Belgian Trappist, but it is a Flemmish Tripel and pretty damned tasty.

I think my favorites are the darker Quadrupels, like Rochefort 10, but those are hard to come by around these parts unless you're feeling awfully spendy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    Josh, am I correct in guessing that you store the bottles in the dark? It seems like even the darkest bottles are permeable to light given enough time.
    Belgian brews are not as perishable as others. Some people actually age them a few years. Storing them certainly isn't a huge deal. They're so sugary, they're almost like wine in that regard.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 02 Jan 2010 at 11:35 PM.

9. My roommate makes wine. He made an amazing Peach and Honey mead. It was amazing. He also made a Blueberry wine. When he first served it ... oh my was it potent. It took another two months and the alcohol lightened. It now has a nice flavour and it still has a kick, but you don't taste it.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

10. I have a few fine bottles of wine stashed away. Never know whether I should be turning them yet and if so how often.