Page 15 of 291 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Pub 2010

1. For some reason It has become much harder for me to get drunk these days. I can drink 12 or so drinks before feeling a buzz. I don't get it because I drink far less often than I used to as well.

2. I've been drifting away from ~ Sapporo ~ and towards Hitachino Nest White Ale as my go-to Japanese beer at the sushi joints around here. I've only seen it at two places and it's something ridiculous like $8/bottle, but it is the truth.

It's as awesome as its label. You know that lemony taste that whites like, say, Sam Adams Spring have? Hitachino multiplies that by about a quadrillion. Very sour aftertaste in a good way, but if you're looking to tie one one, you'll want to switch to something else after one or two because of it. The sourness of the Hitachino plays well off of the bitterness of the ginger served with sushi!

And the cap is just fucking amazing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	widget_bhMPlMj0DhQ5lH-aM51WgK.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	51419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r0038624.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	51420  

I like having an IPA with sushi. Epic palate cleansing!

Goos luck finding a sushi joint that serves good beer though...

4. Sapporo blows. Sushi and sake for me. Sure it's cliche, but they never have good beer.

5. The selection of domestic beers at sushi places around here is pretty gross. They have mostly asian stuff, most of which is gross. Have you ever tried a Tsing Tao? Possibly the worst beer I've ever had.

There are some diamonds in the rough, though. Aside from Hitachino and Sapporo, Asahi Super Dry is good and Kirin is aight -- if you like ultra-bitter Stella Artois-ish beer. And if you don't, I don't want to drink with you, anyway!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Sapporo blows. Sushi and sake for me. Sure it's cliche, but they never have good beer.
    They never have good sake, either. Around here, anyway. You can gtfo with that green bottle Gekkeikan shit.

GUTTER.

TRASH.

7. Hitachino is good, but way too expensive. I never wanna pay what it costs at Trader Joe's, let alone get it out if I even knew of restaurants that kept it around.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Have you ever tried a Tsing Tao? Possibly the worst beer I've ever had.
    I don't think I've ever had a bottle of Tsingtao that wasn't skunked. Ever. Even if it wasn't I get the feeling that I'm not missing much.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    You can gtfo with that green bottle Gekkeikan shit.
    I had weeaboo friends who used to guzzle this shit and insist it was good. Awful. It smells like feet and doesn't taste very much better.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    I don't think I've ever had a bottle of Tsingtao that wasn't skunked.
    I think that's just how it tastes

9. I get Tsing Tao when I go for hot pot in the city because it's all they have. It is unremarkable but I don't really find it unpleasant.

10. Sake ruins the taste of the rice, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!