Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 791011

Thread: LCD TV recommendations

1. I have a samsung plasma. I was very worried about burn in for the first month or so, going so far as not watching tv (never noticed how many channels have their stupid logos in the corner of the screen before). Its not a big deal now though. I always turn the set off if I have to pause anything for any length of time to be safe though. I'd say all things being equal picture wise, buy a plasma and use the money you didn't spend on an led on coke and whores.

2. Burn in is not nearly as bad on plasma as it was when they came out. It's pretty much a non-issue now. Do a break in on the set and it will be fine.

John still has an SDTV for his 360 and it's driving me crazy.

His biggest concern would probably be response time in terms of playing a game like Street Fighter. Just wondering if you guys had any large, main living room TVs you would recommend from experience as playing well.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. lol @ SDTVs in 2010 for anything other than PS2 rhythm games.

5. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    Burn in is not nearly as bad on plasma as it was when they came out. It's pretty much a non-issue now. Do a break in on the set and it will be fine.
    This. You'll always have image retention but it's nothing a couple seconds of full screen motion can't get rid of.

6. I have two Panasonic plasmas (42/50) and burn in never lasts. That being said, my 42" is turning itself on in the middle of the night and driving me up the fucking wall. I'm thinking LED Samsung 46" to replace it, but I don't know if I should bother with the 3D model or not. Best Buy has a decent bundle deal for a 40"... Decisions decisions.

7. Your TV is possessed by Stephen King.

8. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    That being said, my 42" is turning itself on in the middle of the night and driving me up the fucking wall.
    I bet someone has a remote somewhere that's using the same frequency as your TV.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

9. I'm in the middle of the woods. I doubt it.

Anyone have an LED/Plasma (40"+) that has a headphone jack? I'm having difficulty finding a set that has one.

10. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I'm in the middle of the woods. I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Your TV is possessed by Stephen King.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.