Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

1. Yeah, that's what I meant, sorry.

Hmmm....well, thanks for the input. I'll probably pick it up just to give it a try, but I think Strange Journey may end up a better buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. Devil Survivor was pretty decent though, it wasn't as heady as others in the series, but it is a solid game. It reminds me a lot Of The World Ends With You, but a little less polished.
    Last edited by Shine; 27 Feb 2010 at 02:20 PM.

3. 15 hours in and completely hooked. Nice production values and a insane amount of depth to this one, I've barely even screwed around with demon sources or sub apps yet. I suck at demon debate 101, of course half the topics put you on the defense of mankind's war mongering and environmental havoc.

EXPLAIN ALL THE SMOG NERD!!!

I'm three hours in and having a blast. The music is nothing short of amazing. I'm so glad it came with the soundtrack disc. I really hope there's a 3DS sequel someday, as this demon/sci-fi combination is a home run for me.

5. Great game.

Never did finish it though, I got sidetracked around 40ish hours in if I remember correct.

I prefer Etrain Odyessy to Strange Journey. The light-hearted feel of ET pushed it into the lead.

6. Picked up both Strange Journey and Devil Survivor pretty cheap for a DS SRPG-fix once I'm done with Front Mission (which is fucking godly). Of the two SJ seems the more interesting. But I've never played a game from this series before. Are they are insanely complex as I've been hearing?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Picked up both Strange Journey and Devil Survivor pretty cheap for a DS SRPG-fix once I'm done with Front Mission (which is fucking godly). Of the two SJ seems the more interesting. But I've never played a game from this series before. Are they are insanely complex as I've been hearing?
    The closest game in the series would be Nocturne, I thought SJ was a bit easier. The battle combo system and monster creation are straightforward even if they lack a layer of depth from the PS2 classic. You're going to suffer some WTF deaths from your alignment choice and weaknesses but it's a learning experience and still less of a grind than Etrian or Dark Spire on DS. A few tips:

1. Con items out of enemies instead wasting precious materials forging basics.

2. Register your demons, if you are unhappy with a synthesis you at least have the original available though it is pricey, it's easy to break the bank if you use passwords too often.

8. Thx.

9. They aren't too complex because it is pretty basic in the beginning, then you meet more monsters and you have fun combining them. I spent 15 hours on it and then lost the game+DS and never had the patience to go back. The game is awesome, someday.

10. I love Front Mission 3... but I just couldn't get into the first game, I've tried multiple times.