Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 24567 LastLast

Thread: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

My last 3DS game might be the best. Of far lesser importance were the accompanying announcements of Etrian Odyssey V and Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Yoshi; 07 Jun 2017 at 01:11 PM.

2. Especially since Etrian is the only actual new game and you didn't even get the number right

If it's a new game, you should make a thread!

!!!
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

5. So Etrian V is 3DS, not Switch?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

This is a very specific niche where I actually support that. The first person dungeon diving makes good use of the 3D.

7. Plus Etrian has been out in Japan on 3DS for nearly year and the Switch doesn't have a second screen for maps or a resistive touch screen. Switch is actually an awful system compared to 3DS or even DS for Etrian Odyssey

8. The series IS very well suited to the hardware, but I don't want to see it die along with the DS line. I think putting the first-person exploration/battle view and the map side-by-side on the Switch screen would be fine (maybe have it expand to full screen during battle, since you don't need to look at the map then anyway), and using your finger instead of a stylus for the map would be less than ideal, but still acceptable; what would be really clunky is drawing the map with a controller when playing on the TV.

Really I just have little desire to even pick my 3DS up now that the Switch exists and wish any remaining worthwhile 3DS games would come to it instead. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. That's why I'm going to destroy every Nintendo Switch

10. I'm sure Nintendo will do that for you
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.