Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

1. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    Well, we won't know for sure until Japan gets off its ass and makes one for a modern system. Has Atlus even developed a single current-gen game?
    In-house? Nope.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    PC
    Oh man, that's rich.
    -Kyo

3. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    That's easy. I'd like them to try making a modern dungeon crawler on PC. To date, no RPG has ever managed to best Wizardry 8 at the subgenre, and designing games for the DS is not going to change matters. I'm getting sick of games like Etrian Odyssey, The Dark Spire, and now this, that use the hardware limitations of the DS as an excuse for not going beyond 1992 in game design concepts.
    It's not hardware limitations. Deep Labyrinth didn't have grids or turn-based battles.
    Donk

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    PSP > DS

5. game comes with soundtrack? i might have to get this. + if this were a console game i probably wouldn't even consider buying it.

6. I would, but i'd only play it for 8 hours the day i bought it and then put it away until it's worth money on ebay.
    Donk

7. I want to get this but still haven't finished Dark Spire (after 6 months).

8. This and Infinite Space in the same month is literally 100s of hours of RPG gaming I will never get around to.

9. Quote Originally Posted by rama View Post

game comes with soundtrack? i might have to get this. + if this were a console game i probably wouldn't even consider buying it.
    I just recently found my DS in the bottom of a box, and realized I missed out on some SMT games. So: this. SMT games always have great OSTs.
    Also, semi related - how is Devil Summoner for the DS?
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

10. You mean Devil Survivor?

It's a toned down SMT disguised as a strategy-RPG. There's a cool mock online auction section where you bid on support demons and the battles are nicely drawn and perfect for 10-20 minute bouts of play. Have to say Strange Journey should a refreshing move away from Tokyo and teens in peril, didn't care for the storyline in Survivor.