Thread: Any Wordpress pros here?

1. Any Wordpress pros here?

I'm currently in the process of trying to get my personal website back up, and am deciding between either going with Wordpress or the custom solution a friend and I put together for the current playmagazine.com website.

Wordpress is nice because the backend is fully fleshed out, easy to use, and easier to understand for anybody else I'd have helping me. On the downside, what we built for Play is really nice in some ways due to how customized we were able to make it.

Basically, I'm stuck on these two big features that I'd like to have. Do extensions or whatever else exist to bring this kind of functionality to Wordpress? I've done some searches, but found no real solutions as of yet.

Advanced searching of content
    For Play's current site, you can go in and do a lot of filtering to find exactly what you want (can be seen HERE) - say, for example, content type (review) + format (Xbox 360) + subsection (digital downloads) + editor (me). Is there any kind of option for Wordpress where I can have a listing of all of the posts that have been posted to the blog, and then filter by at least least multiple tags or categories? So far, I've come across no theme or add-on that provides this.

Image searching
    Also for Play's current site is what I called the "Imagestream", where every image either uploaded to the site or posted as part of a piece of content can then be found directly as images. This way, images we post have more value to the site, and also don't get lost when you want to find images for a particular subject but don't remember what content they were a part of (can be seen HERE). Is there anything that can be added to Wordpress that would, basically, provide a listing of all of the images that have been uploaded to different blog posts or whatnot, and then allow for filtering the images according to title text, tags, etc.?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. there are probably plugins for both, but I'll say this:

the former is going to be incredibly shitty unless you install something like sphinx to handle your mysql fulltext indicies, and image searching should theoretically be simple if you keep your media information in a database