Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Borrowers

1. Film The Borrowers

Story so far.

Quote Originally Posted by LatinoReview and Ghibliworld blog.

Yesterday, the esteemed Japanese animation powerhouse Studio Ghibli announced it's next feature film, The Borrower Arriety (Karigurashi no Arrietty). Based on Mary Norton's original book series The Borrowers, the film will follow Arriety and her family of Borrowers, minature people around 10 centimeters tall, who live in human households and borrow everyday items to create everything from furniture to clothing. The Borrower Arriety marks the directorial debut of Yonebayashi Hiromasa, though Ghibli favorite and mastermind Miyazaki Hayao originally conceived the scenario and took part in many stages of production. According to Studio Ghibli producer, Suzuki Toshio:
    About 40 years ago this project was once considered by both Miyazaki and Takahata and Miyazaki suddenly recalled it and recommended me to read the book. He led me being strong-armed into accepting his idea. Perhaps he has a strong longing for their youth. Anyway, we often have this kind of trouble at Studio Ghibli. So why The Borrowers now? To that question, Miya-san in desperation answered "The situation of "karigurashi" (borrowing life) is very nice. It just fits to our present age. The age of mass consumption is ending now and the idea of "borrowing" proves the advent of it with depression. He immediately wrote down the project paper of the movie.*
    I... OK, wow, that's kind of a bummer, Suzuki-san.
    The Borrower Arriety will be approximately 80 minutes long and is set to be released during the summer of 2010.
    *This rough translation brought to you by the wonderful GhibliWorld.com.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. HERE COME THE LITTLES!
    Donk

3. I want to fly to Colorado so that I can enjoy this film with Finch. Thief can come too, but he has to go get the popcorn when we run out halfway through the movie.

4. And you can preach to everyone who will listen about how you're the only one who knows about tiny people living in your wall called "The Littles"? And then we'll run around screaming how you can't stop The Littles cause The Littles don't stop?
    Donk

5. THERE'S NO STOPPING THE LITTLES!!!!!!11111

6. <3 Ghibli this movie looks cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

This is also all I could think about since I heard.

God I love that song.

They must've hated animating that intro.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. it's spinning! DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINKYYYYYYYYYYY!
    Donk

9. Haha, I immediately thought of the Littles when I heard, too.

Remember the live action movie for this book?

I hope this blows that away. I bet it will too. Hooray animation.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.