Page 1 of 41 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers 3

1. Film Transformers 3

Yeah, so we all remember the fiasco that was TF 2. Writers strike, Bay and Co. Rush a script so they can film it within the timeframe before the supposed Actors strike. Writers stike ends, and the writers "FIX" the holes they left in the script before the strike. How'd that turn out? Well, critics liked the fact they can see what the fuck is going on, but the story was weak and disjointed.

Looks like Bay and Co. haven't learned.

Quote Originally Posted by /Film
    It seems that Transformers 3 is set to start rolling in May. So soon! You’d imagine they’d have a finished script and would have made all of their necessary big decisions too, like whether or not to film in 3D? Yeah… maybe not.

The news of the May shoot came from a small aside in a Deadline Hollywood Daily post on Shia LaBeouf changing agents. A little bit of fact checking later and I learned that, yes, that date was right but,, the screenplay hasn’t been finished yet. I’m not sure how unusual this is with tentpole films any more, but it’s a talking point at least. What was that about “All publicity”?

I was curious if the ‘Avatar effect’ was going to lead to the film being shot in 3D, despite Michael Bay’s earlier protestations aimed at the format. Interestingly, it seems that Bay hasn’t won the argument. Not yet anyway. And with producer Steven Spielberg being so enamoured of Avatar, it seems like Bay might have to concede. That’ll make me happy for one.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. Seems to me they learned quite well, they can put shit on a platter, make people pay 10 bucks to see it and people like cheebs will love it and defend it as the greatest thing ever. Meanwhile making millions upon millions because you fuckers don't learn that you should at most pirate it, but preferably you shouldn't even watch it at all.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Hated the first, didn't watch the second. My brain is a learning computer.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Seems to me they learned quite well, they can put shit on a platter, make people pay 10 bucks to see it and people like cheebs will love it and defend it as the greatest thing ever. Meanwhile making millions upon millions because you fuckers don't learn that you should at most pirate it, but preferably you shouldn't even watch it at all.
    I was about to say that, damn. But yeah, I was all over the ARGHHHHH with the second one.

5. FYI Bbobb - if you remember the old TF thread I watched it via stream. I never watched it in the theaters. Nor did I buy the DVD. It didn't deserve my purchase.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

6. TF3 doesn't deserve its own thread.

7. Oh, the hate is strong in these ones

I liked first quite a bit, 2nd wasn't as good, but hey for $5 bucks, I own them both.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Hated the first, didn't watch the second. My brain is a learning computer.
    *high five*

I hear this one has dinobots.

I wonder what sort of main story device from the old cartoon that Bay will shoehorn into the movie, and then shit on it.

Maybe they will go find vector sigma and la Doof will fuck it and make cockatrons.

10. 1 was bad, 2 was even worse..there is probably a pattern forming.