Page 3 of 374 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dead Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I am saddened by this.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. For those that follow NFL Football.

Gaines Adams, the defensive end of the Chicago Bears died this morning. He was only 26.

Quote Originally Posted by ProFootballtalk
    We have some tragic news to pass along before this Sunday of football begins.

Bears defensive end Gaines Adams has died at the age of 26, according to the Greenville News in South Carolina. NBC4 in Greenville confirms the report.

Greenwood County Coroner James T. Coursey said Adams was declared dead at 9AM after he was taken to an emergency room Sunday morning.

Adams was born in Greenwood, South Carolina and played his college football at Clemson. He was drafted fourth overall by the Bucs in 2007, then traded to the Bears last year.

Coursey said Adams appeared to be in perfect health and there will be an an investigation by the Greenwood Sheriff's Office and the Greenwood County Coroner's Office. An autopsy will be performed Sunday; the cause of death is unclear.

We send our best wishes and condolences to Adams' family.

UPDATE: We're told that the cause of death is believed to be a heart attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProFootballTalk
    The stunning passing of Bears defensive end Gaines Adams was because of cardiac arrest caused by an enlarged heart, a Greenwood, South Carolina coroner said Sunday morning.

ESPN's Adam Schefter passed along the news.

Adams was believed to be asleep when the cardiac arrest occurred. We send his family and friends our condolences at this difficult time.

3. Glen Bell, founder of Taco Bell, had a big Death Bel Grande today.

4. Like Conan said last night. Did he have the Funeral supreme? It comes with sour cream.

5. the creepy lady midget from the poltergeist movie finally got swallowed into the tv

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituari...,7612698.story

6. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    ... with Conan O'Brien, at least.
    It's back with Leno. So that's like zombie Tonight Show. Both the Leno Tonight Show and zombies will eat your brain. One literally the other figuratively.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. JD Salinger, author of Catcher in the Rye, has died.

8. LET'S RANSACK HIS HOUSE AND LOOK THROUGH HIS STUFF

9. TONS OF SWEET UNPUBLISHED MANUSCRIPTS