Page 345 of 374 FirstFirst ... 331341343344345346347349359 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 3737

Thread: The Dead Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Did you conveniently forget Arnold's documented trip to Brazil where he was very handsy with many women who were not into it?
    FYI: I tried to edit my post but of course I got a blank page so it was easier to delete everything and start over. That missing post is what Dunlap is commenting on.

I had expressed surprise that so many people gave Kobe a pass - even those that felt he actually DID do it ("he made ONE mistake!") - and I said that despite Arnold being my childhood hero, I would have no choice but to totally write the guy off if he was ever outed as a straight-up rapist. I also don't excuse some of his "off-color" behavior in the past. He's definitely a flawed human being, and I wouldn't begrudge any news report or person saying so if/when he dies.

And yes, Dunlap, I remember that doc, and oddly enough I don't recall Arnold raping anyone on-screen. If anything, the ladies were equally "handsy" with him, so equating that video with Kobe's situation - where the woman had a positive rape kit, passed a lie detector test, and had visible bruises on her neck, in addition to Kobe's public statement that was one step away from a full-on rape confession - is just dumb.

How many holes you think he didn't stuff carrots into?
    Your mom's. They were all full at the time.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 28 Jan 2020 at 04:13 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Wait....Mathew Broderick killed 2 woman with his car?
    I forgot about that. And he was only fined $175!

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Yeah Celebrities are shit and cancel culture is wildly inconsistent. Mark Wahlberg was convicted of violent hate crimes and blinded a man for no greater reason than being Asian but suffers absolutely zero controversy.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Sports are very important.
    Only because basic necessities are trivial and people have too much time and money to focus on non-essential items.

5. Aw, the ills of a society in which too many survive and too few prosper.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post

You've displayed your share of closed-mindedness in other discussions here. We all have. It's human nature when something hits close to home.
    As evidenced by your excusing of Arnold. That’s what I’m saying - we can hold two opposing thoughts in our head.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    As evidenced by your excusing of Arnold. That’s what I’m saying - we can hold two opposing thoughts in our head.
    Saying
    I would have no choice but to totally write the guy off if he was ever outed as a straight-up rapist. I also don't excuse some of his "off-color" behavior in the past. He's definitely a flawed human being, and I wouldn't begrudge any news report or person saying so if/when he dies.
    is excusing him?
    Last edited by Dolemite; 28 Jan 2020 at 04:21 PM.

8. The Dead Thread

he’s admitted that he’s gone over the line with women before. https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/11/enter...too/index.html

I’m not going to play the victim blaming Olympics because anyone who has been physically or sexually violated is going to have their own read on the matter and clearly women have been victimized by him. He apologized, as Kobe did, and the world moved on. Did the victims? I don’t know, I don’t speak for them.

And, I’m not anti-Arnie either, I think he’s rad. But again, I maintain that you can have fondness for a celebrity in certain ways while not condoning the abuse they perpetuated.
    Last edited by Satsuki; 28 Jan 2020 at 05:49 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I maintain that you can have fondness for a celebrity in certain ways while not condoning the abuse they perpetuated.
    Are you insinuating that there are shades of grey in every situation? That's crazy talk in 2020.

I half expected TNL to be in the dead thread. Glad you maniacs endure.

10. HEY!! I MISSED YOU!!!!