Page 297 of 374 FirstFirst ... 283293295296297298299301311 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 3737

Thread: The Dead Thread

1. I figured that NeoGAF would die when either everyone on earth gets banned or every mod gets arrested for CP. Well, the truth wasn't that far off.

2. spent a good chunk of last night following all that GAF drama, can't say I'm sad to see it go especially if you didn't fall in line with the groupthink and got banned if the wind blew funny that day

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Hey, maybe some people will come back to TNL.
    nah

3. I don’t miss GAF, but there were some good communities there.

4. If you've got a link to a similarly active message board that's less of a trash fire, I'd love to see it. GAF certainly had a quick trigger finger with bans, but for the most part the people that caught them did so for pretty blatant shitposts.

Internet's not hurting for sites that let that stuff go totally unchecked, that let the tide of trollish absurdism drag them out to the larger sea of it. I'll take some occasionally overzealous moderation over the Shitpost Provocateur Olympics that 4chan and its ilk devolve into.

On that note, pretty entertaining to see Gators and Trumpets reeeeeal concerned about someone harassing women all of a sudden. The self-awareness boggles!

5. GAF moderation was terrible. They had good gaming info there though. A lot of garbage too, but they had pretty nice "official" threads and the PC screenshot thread was otherworldly.

But Gamergate is laughable trash (as are most things Trump) and now I don't know what forum to frequent.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 22 Oct 2017 at 10:40 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    If you've got a link to a similarly active message board that's less of a trash fire, I'd love to see it. GAF certainly had a quick trigger finger with bans, but for the most part the people that caught them did so for pretty blatant shitposts.
    A lot of people get banned for just disagreeing with a mod. I got banned for saying I didn't think inXile should go to Kickstarter every single time they have a new game when they have money to self-fund and going back and forth with a mod who disagreed like for like 3 or 4 posts. There's zero accountability, so it's just "Did you make a mod mad."
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 22 Oct 2017 at 11:03 AM.

7. I was never a member, but the |OT|'s for niche games only me, Finch, and Fatima (and sometimes ARBM and Mzo) seem to like were nice to visit just because people would actually be talking about them.
    But it was funny/weird to see that posts made the previous day were now banned accounts. It was like every third post sometimes.

8. I posted a ton over there and I’ll miss it. As Bacon said, I don’t think there’s anything similarly-sized that’s better. There were tons of knowledgable people there in the dedicated threads.

Moderation was definitely dumb at times but for a forum of that size I think a stricter approach is better.

9. I only started posting there this year so I never managed to get banned or be able to make threads. I would always lurk there for the latest news and signed up one day because of idiots spewing misinformation. It took months to actually activate the account so whatever thread I was looking at was long gone by that time.

10. I tried NeoGAF for a while then got banned. Fuck 'em. Useful for news, though, but so is Twitter if you're ruthless with who you allow to show up in your feed.