Page 274 of 374 FirstFirst ... 260270272273274275276278288 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 3740

Thread: The Dead Thread

1. gamevet is old I thought I was old when I realized he was 17 years older than me. Having the radio on in my work truck and in all the cars that I worked on, I must have heard the news of his (and Ailes') death fifty times. By the end of the day I was just playing music off my phone in my pocket to keep from hearing it again. They really hammer it in, as if you'd forget it if you didn't hear about it every 20 minutes. Still, very sad about the one.

2. The news of Chris Cornell's death was completely devastating to me. I'm not even the biggest fan of that genre of music, but I recognized Cornell as a real talent and I would always listen to his music if it happened to come on the radio. Being a teenager of the 90s, Soundgarden's hit songs will forever be engrained in my memory. Suicide is never the answer, but I hope he has found internal peace now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    gamevet is old I thought I was old when I realized he was 17 years older than me. Having the radio on in my work truck and in all the cars that I worked on, I must have heard the news of his (and Ailes') death fifty times. By the end of the day I was just playing music off my phone in my pocket to keep from hearing it again. They really hammer it in, as if you'd forget it if you didn't hear about it every 20 minutes. Still, very sad about the one.
    yeah, they are really pounding it in. You have to actively search for any of his tunes if you want to hear one. An initial search on youtube or google brings up pages and pages of people talking about his death.

4. Bro. You'll never get into my buttbunker.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post

And Roger Ailes died. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    gamevet is old I thought I was old when I realized he was 17 years older than me. Having the radio on in my work truck and in all the cars that I worked on, I must have heard the news of his (and Ailes') death fifty times. By the end of the day I was just playing music off my phone in my pocket to keep from hearing it again. They really hammer it in, as if you'd forget it if you didn't hear about it every 20 minutes. Still, very sad about the one.
    The Commodore 64 reference in my title didn't give that away?

I was in my mid-20s when the whole grunge/alternative sound hit its stride. It's a shame that the only bands that I'd seen in concert from that era were Stone Temple Pilots (Twice), The Cranberries, Garbage and Beck at Edge Fest and a few lesser knowns at several other Edge Fests. I was so stoned and drunk at those Edge Fests, that I'd probably missed a lot of great bands. I never got to see the likes of Nirvana, Pearl Jam or Sound Garden in concert, which is kind of sad.
    Last edited by gamevet; 18 May 2017 at 11:50 PM.

7. Soundgarden were a force of nature back in the day. This is my favorite song of theirs.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Being investigated as a suicide. Guess his favorite song was Pretty Noose.
    It was more likely an accidental death from autoerotic asphyxiation.

9. I managed to see them at lollapalooza... 95 I think? They were in their prime, though I like Down on the Upside the best of their work.
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It was more likely an accidental death from autoerotic asphyxiation.
    remember kids, butt stuff, doesn't kill