Page 305 of 374 FirstFirst ... 291301303304305306307309319 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 3737

Thread: The Dead Thread

1. true, true.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    There's really not any other cases of offenders receiving the death penalty for conspiracy, ever.
    Mary Surratt, Lewis Powell, David Herold, and George Atzerodt

3. Those were all attempts on a president or other "federal figure" though, and a specific felony category!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    He used his power and influence over others to get them to do the killing for him. Based on today's standards I believe that's the same as killing them personally.
    Just like Osama Bin Laden.

5. Malcolm Young from AC/DC.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

6. Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX View Post
    Malcolm Young from AC/DC.
    bummer

MAYBE the best rhythm guitarist in rock.

7. Damn.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Those were all attempts on a president or other "federal figure" though, and a specific felony category!
    You asked for death penalty for conspiracy. Don't go changing the requirements.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Rape and coercion, totally. But, the death penalty has never been doled out for rape (of an adult) or coercion without actually being at the murder scene, except in this case. There are definitely reasons that he should be in prison, but it's not on the same level as killing them whatsoever. There's really not any other cases of offenders receiving the death penalty for conspiracy, ever.
    I agree with you. I was just pointing out his crimes (and crimes by association as a cult leader) were against well connected people in (or close to) the media. If it were some pig farmer in Alabama the notoriety wouldn’t be so high and I doubt the same exceptional reaction would have occurred.

I agree the law failed to uphold its own standard in this case, which is not acceptable.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 18 Nov 2017 at 01:14 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX View Post
    Malcolm Young from AC/DC.
    Bad year to be a Young, the eldest brother George died earlier this year too.