Page 143 of 374 FirstFirst ... 129139141142143144145147157 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 3740

Thread: The Dead Thread

1. Michael Ruppert, who some of you may remember from my movie club selection Collapse died of a self inflicted gun shot wound.

It's rare that I feel much of anything for someone I've never met, but this is bumming me out.

Vice recently released a doc on him called Apocalypse, Man in which you could see him coming apart on film. It's not pleasant to watch.
    Boo, Hiss.

That Vice documentary is way fucked up.

3. I need to check that out. Collapse kind of waffled between Ruppert's prediction of societal Collapse (and never bothered to substantiate any of it) and his personal Collapse. It would have been better served by committing to either, which it sounds like the Vice one recognized.

It's not a tranditonally Great movie, but when I think about books and movies that have changed my life, none was more affecting than Collapse. I've never been shaken to the core like that. I couldn't sleep for weeks. Everything I watched and did was laughably inconsequential. I couldn't enjoy anything. "This doesn't fucking matter" or worse, "This is exacerbating the problem" interrupted everything.

I eventually made a kind of shaky peace with my anxiety and some major lifestyle choices that helped me obsess less and start to do more good than harm. I can't and won't presume to know what Ruppert was going through, but I did find out what it was like to be consumed by anxiety. I can't imagine what my life would be like if I hadn't or couldn't make the peace that escaped Ruppert. At least he has something like it now.

4. The Dead Thread

You should research his earlier life with the LAPD and CIA bullshit. He got the CIA director fired for blowing the whistle on drug running and sales in California. WAY fucked up.

As far as being affected by the movie and story, I agree with you. I came to peace with the idea that not every decision I make has to save the world. Maybe I don't need to worry about things beyond my control when I buy this pair of pants. The real fight is with information and trying to do a good job when you can.

I struggle with a lot of ideals when buying product for the restaurant.
    Last edited by icarusfall; 15 Apr 2014 at 05:15 PM.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. That has to be tough. I remember when you called the shipping of fruit all over the world "hateful." That made me reevaluate my diet and consumption in a way I never had. I never thought to ask why, for example, my grocery stores, in September in New England, bought apples from all over the place when they're almost literally being grown in their backyard.

But, the new restaurants around here are all run by young people and buy local whenever possible. Some things are turning around and that helps put my mind at ease.

6. Shit. The world needs guys like him.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. HOLY
    FUCKING
    SHIT

I'm listening to Apocalypse, Man at work and he just blew my fucking mind with the megalomaniacaly arrogant, transparent corruptness of IN GOD WE TRUST being on dollar bills.

Shit.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Damn. What happened to love over fear, Mike? The Warrior fighting against odds, the day to day routine, for the chance of victory?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	73977  

9. facebook

Quote Originally Posted by April 6
    To ALL MY FRIENDS

I will be offline much of next week but will be checking emails. At 8 AM tomorrow a chauffeured town car will be picking me up from my 26 foot trailer in a very nice junkyard (with a garden) to take me to the Santa Rosa airport for a flight to Seattle where I will be until late Thursday. I'll be staying in a nice room at a Marriott. Don't ya just love the image?

I'll be interviewing Dr. John Apsley for a TV project (and getting paid for it) which, unfortunately I can't say a thing about yet. If I do spill the beans I break the contract and I won't get paid. This is going to be a very important chunk of change to help get me back on my feet in the world and it's very important stuff. I can guarantee you this, I won't be asked to compromise or soft pedal anything. They want full tilt Mike Ruppert. And it's for mainstream.

It's not just cracks that are appearing. A shift is happening. So I'll ask the elders here to keep an eye on things for me. Wish me luck and Pass the popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by April 10
    I am just back from Seattle for a little over two hours. I have not been able to look at Facebook for four days. When I opened my email there were more than 100 Facebook messages. I just threw up my hands and deleted them all. I'm not going back to try and catch up. Not possible.

I'll give a report on what I was doing in Seattle in much more detail on this Sunday's LIFEBOAT HOUR where I'll be joined by Carolyn Baker. Yes, it was for mainstream TV. I walked into the heart of the Matrix and I was me. I came out me.

Two lines come to mind.

"The most likely thing is that you might die from amazement." -- Terrence McKenna.

"When the time comes, push off from the shore into the current. Do not try to hold on to anything on the shore. Push deeper into the current... And pay attention to who you meet there." -- Hopi (I believe) Prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by Final Status, April 13, 2014
    I pray to all things seen and unseen, known and unknown, for we are all One.

The prophecies are being fulfilled. The hour of birth is at hand. The waters break and rend. There is blood. There are screams of pain. There is death and much anxiety in the air. Things look very bad for our Mother and all of her children.

The Truth awaits just on the other side of the ever dissolving veil where all the screaming and the mess is going on. The Truth opens its arms wide to lovingly receive the newborn and to comfort it.

“Isn’t it wonderful?” The Truth exclaims.

I am your scout and this is my report.

Mitakuye Oyasin.