Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Division 9

1. Treasure Division 9

So basically, the game was made by the makers of Bioshock (Boston 2K, now known as Irrational games). They wanted to make a FPS Zombie game with RPG elements. The premise sounds similar to Left For Dead except for the base building. That idea is that constant waves of Zombies attacking you. You then hunker down in a warehouse, home, etc. You have only certain items in the place ... ala L4D. But then you start gathering items aka one guy or the group heads to that gas station you passed to get that needed fule for the power generator. Or hey we saved Dr. Kilgore, now we have a doctor on premise to heal us of any wounds. It was a neat idea, the problem was Vivendi and Take Two didn't think it was a good idea (also they were in the middle of a buy out). In fact they thought by 2005 Zombie games would be passe. Oh how wrong they were ... tell me again about L4D? Oh ... right. Well Game Informer visited Irrational Games and got to see the unreleased demo. I uploaded it to Youtube for you all to see.

A few things ... they built this on the SWAT 4 engine. This would have been released before SWAT5.

Here's the article.

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archi...mbie-game.aspx

**my youtube vid is still processing. I'll post it when its done. For now I'll use another person's vid.
    Last edited by Advocate; 14 Jan 2010 at 08:33 AM.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

There was a fair bit of info about this game on their new podcast, as well as some background on some of the design decisions in BioShock. (as well as a really interesting aside about the art design of SWAT 4

3. Additionally, dog in a wheelchair.

4. Not nearly as good as L4D!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. I thought the game would've been released on '05, after SWAT. It was an interesting article regardless.

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Not nearly as good as L4D!
    This is a good idea, though. Do it, but with L4D2's engine. Valve should do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. I like the idea of having an ever-larger group of survivors that gives you more capabilities as a group, but makes you way more vulnerable. That's kind of neat! But... seems like it makes for a reeeeeallly slow game.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 14 Jan 2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: also the zombies are kind of just slow, unarmed dudes... not very compelling
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Neat video. I'm glad the company changed their name back, too.

9. Man, sounds like the game I've been formulating =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

10. Slowest game ever.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.