Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Division 9

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I like the idea of having an ever-larger group of survivors that gives you more capabilities as a group, but makes you way more vulnerable. That's kind of neat! But... seems like it makes for a reeeeeallly slow game.
    I guess. Not if it was at Left 4 Dead pace in certain parts but in more a sandbox setting. That gameplay in the video was slow as shit, but it was a prototype (also the art direction isn't nearly as fun as Left 4 Dead either). I just think the concept would be lots of fun. Building a zombie stomping fortress to achieve objectives is pretty rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. I feel like the first person perspective actually undermines the game they were trying to make there. A shooter seems to demand a much faster pace, maybe the perspective needs to be pulled back to a 3/4 overhead kind of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. You crazy PC-friendly n-word.

Being on the ground and having to physically route around and run missions coordinated with a better base (balance base defense with offensive tactics) would be ballin'. Maybe they could have it so the 3rd person is for people defending the base itself and when you go outside the base to obtain fuel, food, water, weapons, medicine, etc. it goes first person mode. You could even have a timer of what people have to accomplish before the horde comes. It would be rad.

But what would the end game be? Just live as long as possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. I imagine you'd have to either A) defend and fortify as long as possible or B) the base has a certain amount of structural integrity, and at some point (be it something like "tank" zombies wrecking your defenses or just bad luck during a story event) your base falls apart and you have to drag your survivors and whatever you can salvage from the base to some new base. Your odds are better if you sent scouts out ahead of time to check out the surrounding area?

I could see a potential in doing a World War Z scenario in a game (try to go north so the zombies freeze and you're safe).

5. Another element would be resource managment vs. group size. The larger the group, the more versatile your fortress becomes, but the more resources it devours. So a huge fuel-finding, zombie stomping team would also expend a lot of food, fuel, yada yada. Even add in a spatial element to resource managment. Then players wouldn't get to grind and horde one item without hurting their ability to store others.

"We've got 10 tons of fuel here! We can party forever!"

"But there's no room for chips!"

"OH SHI-"
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

6. Maybe the occasional character you pick up from exploring the city is a mole from some other camp who wants to rip you off?