Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Megamind

1. Megamind has a lot of work to do if it wants to be more entertaining than Despicable Me. I just saw Despicable tonight and it was loads of fun. I especially appreciated not being punched in the face with sentimentality, which is something I doubt Dreamworks will ever learn to avoid.

James

2. I was coming here to say the exact same thing James.

3. Dreamworks already reached their movie quality quota for 2010 with HTTY Dragon. And it made up for all the years beforehand until The Road to El Dorado.

4. I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

5. It's never bothered me until Finch pointed it out that all the characters look too much like their actors.

6. I hate the character design on the super hero Brad Pitt is playing. Absolutely think it stinks. I like the big headed Megamind Ferrell plays, though. This movie looks OK. I like the concept and nothing about it has been absolute shit (from the previews). That pet fish Megamind uses is great. It really shows just how juvenile and head-in-the-clouds Megamind is -- that he would spend time and resources keeping his beloved family pet not only alive but able to be an actual friend he can hang out / play with.

As I'm reading this thread this needs to be said, though:

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON WAS ONE OF THE BEST ANIMATED MOVIE DREAMWORKS HAS EVER PRODUCED.

You are doing yourself a great disservice by lumping that truly great movie in with the likes of Shark Tale or Kung-Fu Panda (I liked Kung-Fu Panda, too). It was a legit story, with unique art & characters and it was told in a unique and compelling manner. Great movie.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 26 Jul 2010 at 04:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. This looks... not good.

8. The neat concept is ... THE BAD GUY WINS. Then has to CREATE a NEW Hero for him to battle, because he starts getting bored.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

9. Zzzz