Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1323252627

Thread: 2010 Fantasy Football Offseason Thread

1. Would we be able to drop a player we started on week 16 and pick up another player and start that person?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If I'm going to be taxed, I'd rather it be to build a Death Star than to feed lazy Wookiees.

Yep. I'm 99% sure the weeks are independent in all ways except that you happen to have the same opponent and the scores are additive. I'll see if I can confirm.

edit: The rules don't specify, so I have to assume that those weeks work just like any other week. You're not going to be there anyway, so don't sweat it.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 04 Sep 2010 at 05:44 PM.

3. I too am fairly certain we are able to change our roster, between the two weeks in a playoff match-up.

This is from a 2008 rules page for ESPN Fantasy Football standard leagues:

The fantasy playoffs begin in the 14th week of the NFL regular season. In the Playoffs, the head-to-head matchups are a bit different than the regular season. During the playoffs, the matchups are TWO (2) weeks in duration instead of one. Think of it as each week representing a "half".

Round One of the playoffs takes place during the 14th and 15th weeks of the NFL regular season, while Round Two spans the two final weeks of the NFL regular season (weeks 16 and 17).

In each playoff round, the team with the highest combined point total after two weeks advances. Each team will have the opportunity to change their active roster between each week (essentially "halftime") of playoff play.

4. Week 17 is going to count? BULLSHIT. imo
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

You're already working with $250 you had no business winning. Get over it. It's too late, and you're not even providing an alternative.

6. Playoffs should be done at Wk 16 at the latest.

1-11
    12-13
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

7. nice draft everyone.