Thread: Freeway... has anybody seen this movie?

1. Freeway... has anybody seen this movie?

It was released back in 1996 starring up and comer Reese Witherspoon and vet actor, Keifer Sutherland. It's basically a 90's/L.A. update on Little Red Ridinghood. Although it may sound cliche, it was surprising a very good movie with some dark social commentary/humor. So... has anyone seen this?
    ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA

2. Great. I might buy it tonight. The Blockbuster near me has it for $10. I was about to get it last night but I got Altered States instead. Now that is one weird movie. Though I didn't like the end and towards the end the movie got rediculous. Oh well....still not a bad movie overall. All of the images in this movie are weird as hell. I think I'll get Bound also (though it's non-anamorphic...oh well). They have a shitload of DVDs for $10. Anyway...always nice to see an older movie you missed that is good.

Later all...

Re: Freeway... has anybody seen this movie?

Originally posted by fiend_of_rejections
    It was released back in 1996 starring up and comer Reese Witherspoon and vet actor, Keifer Sutherland. It's basically a 90's/L.A. update on Little Red Ridinghood. Although it may sound cliche, it was surprising a very good movie with some dark social commentary/humor. So... has anyone seen this?
    Yep I saw it on Showtime or Cinemax numerous times and really liked it.

I believe there is a Freeway part 2 but it's not connected.

I never got the joke about the crippled girl who I guess was some sort of whore the officers commented on know, what I'm talking about?

4. Yep, I liked this film as well. Cool story, some nice acting, and lots of very dark humor

Never seen the part 2 though. Probably a simple cheap cash run on the popularity of the original

I remember the first time me and my friend saw the part at then end with neighbor walking out with his damn intestans hanging out from the stomach, its looked soo funny

5. Re: Re: Freeway... has anybody seen this movie?

Originally posted by Korian
    I never got the joke about the crippled girl who I guess was some sort of whore the officers commented on know, what I'm talking about?
    There was a joke? There was something in the director's commentary about how they wanted her to seem skanky or something like that. If there was a joke, I didn't get either. =|
    ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA

6. Originally posted by 2D4EVER
    They have a shitload of DVDs for $10.
    Are they new or used? If used, you can get those DVDs new for that price anywhere else... and for that matter, BECAUSE of the fact that you can get them anywhere else for that price, you should, because Blockbuster should not be supported
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

7. They're new. Over the past few weeks I got Rollerball (the original...shitloads better than that garbage remake), Jacobs Ladder (love the movie...love the dvd even more...still don't like the ending), and Altered States. But they have Best Buy like prices which I find weird but I'm not complaining. Oddly enough their used dvd prices are shit. No way in hell I'd buy a used dvd (aka coaster) from blockbuster. Though I know your stance on Blockbuster tobal.

Later all...

8. Originally posted by 2D4EVER
    Though I know your stance on Blockbuster tobal.
    Hehe, sorry, I'll try to be nice and quiet
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

9. I dont really like BlockBuster either. They have this stupid Return Next day policy for all the new films Sometimes I just cant watch the movie on the same day I rent it, and with BB policy it would cost me extra to keep it longer

I do buy used dvds there sometimes, since once in a while you can find some great deals.