Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 24567 LastLast

Thread: Commodore Amiga

1. I still have the CD32 handy. It is a console version of the 500. Some hardcore fans coded compilation CDs for it. They include games, demos, as well as video, graphics and music from the contemporary Amiga-scene. They make for a great trip down memorylane. The games are mostly converted ADF-images (amiga disks), which run fine on the CD32.

You don't even have to execute games from the selection menu, as various gameplay-movies run during idle.

I know of about 8-10 different fan-cd's.
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

2. As an owner of said console, I'd be interested in these fan cds. I've zero luck finding NTSC CD32 games lately.

3. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    D/Generation (Abersoft/Mindscape)
    I have mentioned this game a few times before. After ninjas, cyberpunk was probably my favourite theme back then so I was drawn to this. It blended genres really well (action, stealth, puzzles). The PC and ST versions might have been made first (I don't know) but the Amiga and CD32 got versions with enhanced graphics a few years later.
    Excellent choice. When I plug the CD32 in, this is main the game I spend my time on. It's great, even today.

Dreamweb (Creative Reality/Empire Interactive)
    Dark, demented, and quite gory for its time. Opinions remain polarized on this adventure game. Some hate how it lets you pick up tons of objects you will never use but that never bothered me as the puzzles were logical enough. I played this way late (it was the very similar DOS version, though) and really enjoyed it. Maybe this will drag dakidski back here as he's a fan.
    Mission accomplished. The games' atmosphere is so thick that can cut it with a knife. The audio/music is stunning. They supplement the very sparse graphics, and make the gameworld come to life and become believeable. Now you forced me to hook up the old CD32.

All in all a great gamepresentation, yet very different from the games people actually played back in the days. I might add a post, featuring the more popular titles in Northern Europe.
    Last edited by dakidski; 16 Feb 2010 at 07:29 PM.
    nocturne:

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    As an owner of said console, I'd be interested in these fan cds. I've zero luck finding NTSC CD32 games lately.
    Would it be against forumrules to post the filenames here? Anyways, here goes:

CD32-100.rar
    CD32-200_titan.part1.rar
    cd32-350.part01.rar
    cd32-444.part01.rar
    CD32_888_FINAL.part01.rar
    These are just a few of the compilations. The larger ones are usually the best. I believe there were many more. (300, 150, 250, etc. etc.) From memory, 350, 444 and 888 were the best. The naming doesn't always refer to the number of games on discs. Some compilations are better than others, and include tons of textfiles, scene messages, gamesolves - oh yeah, and trainers on most games!
    Last edited by dakidski; 16 Feb 2010 at 07:45 PM.
    nocturne:

5. I thought the CD32 was based on the A1200, and the CDTV was based on the A500.

Yes, but most games for CD32 were converted ECS games. There weren't really that many AGA games.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    As an owner of said console, I'd be interested in these fan cds. I've zero luck finding NTSC CD32 games lately.
    Some PAL games will work on an NTSC system, at least if you have a mouse to set the machine to PAL mode.

8. TVs/monitors connected to the CD32 through the composite or S-Video outputs won't work though. The problem is that the PAL color signal is still sent at the NTSC frequency.

9. So the games might work, but they'll be black and white.

This upcoming XBLA/Steam game just screams Exile to me. And that's a good thing.