Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Vanquish

1. this is a Mikami + Inaba game

...GOD HAND was.

2. My expectations just ripped through the front of my jeans.

This was actually mentioned in that leaked Sega/Sony meeting document, which means that it is at least coming to PS3. And possibly PSP given the interoperatibilty context in which it was mentioned.

5. "Another is that we thought a shooter that retains the uptempo rhythm of a good action game would make it feel different from the rest of the pack. I think shooters right now are built up like a simulation game in terms of logic -- you have enemies placed on a map, and the player gets in position and attacks them; you beat an enemy and advance just a little bit further to the next one. We wanted to reset that and create a shooter with an action-game feel, and it's been pretty tough!"
    Yeah, japanese people don't play or understand shooters.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Yeah, japanese people don't play or understand shooters.
    Describes nearly every FPS/TPS I've ever played. The original FEAR and STALKER as the exceptions, though FEAR 2 is sadly monster closet happy.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

You can deconstruct any genre like that and make it sound trite.

8. It sounds like they're going for a sci-fi military Serious Sam. So yeah, that's definitely got me interested.

James

9. [In Bayonetta] you have enemies placed on a map, and the player gets in position and attacks them; you beat an enemy and advance just a little bit further to the next one.

Whatta ya know, Bayonetta is built like a simulation.

Wait, I want to keep doing this:

[In Resident Evil] you have enemies placed on a map, and the player gets in position and attacks them; you beat an enemy and advance just a little bit further to the next one.

Wow, amazing isn't it.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Except you don't get 'in position' in Bayonetta. I'd say the gameplay runs exactly contrary to that statement, where standing in one place for more than a few seconds is death. If we're talking the original resident evil, you can't advance solely on beating the enemies. Even five still had a few lame ass puzzles to get in the way. Compare that to Gears, Halo, etc, when you spend most of the game firing at placed enemies from an entrenched position in order to advance.

So I say you're full of shit.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2