View Poll Results: (3 votes) Who will be ahead at halftime? Who will Win? Will it be a rushing game or a passing game?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Orleans ahead by 9 points or less at Halftime

4 28.57%
  • New Orleans ahead by over 9 points at Halftime

0 0%
  • Indianapolis ahead by 9 points or less at Halftime

10 71.43%
  • Indianapolis ahead by over 9 points at Halftime

0 0%
  • New Orleans wins Super Bowl XLIV by 9 points or less

6 42.86%
  • New Orleans wins Super Bowl XLIV by over 9 points

0 0%
  • Indianapolis wins Super Bowl XLIV by 9 points or less

4 28.57%
  • Indianapolis wins Super Bowl XLIV by over 9 points

4 28.57%
  • The Super Bowl is won by more Rushing Yards

0 0%
  • The Super Bowl is won by more Passing Yards

14 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 68910

Thread: Super Bowl XLIV

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Combining his 2008 season (second-most passing yards ever) with this season (winning a Super Bowl, outplaying Warner, Favre and Manning in the playoffs) and his Super Bowl performance (32-of-39, 288 yards, no picks, no fumbles, complete control), as well as what he means to his team and his city, I guess the biggest shocker coming out of Super Bowl XLIV is that Drew Brees is clearly the best quarterback alive right now. By any calculation.
    Link

2. You gotta love the disChargers

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I would love it if the Colts had a legitimate running threat for the future though. I really wish they'd give Donald Brown a chance. Peyton with a serious play action is unstoppable, and he hasn't had that for a couple of years now.
    The problem isn't the runningbacks, it's the offensive line. Saturday and Lilja, the two most undersized guys, remain the strength of the line and are the best run-blockers of the five. The other three - Johnson, DeVan (or Pollak), and Diem - all fall under the same umbrella of being decent at best in pass protection and being poor in run-blocking.

And when you have two tackles who are not only lacking in athleticism but also in strength, that explains why the Colts rarely have success running the ball to the outside (including their once patented stretch play that was a successful staple of their offense). Nevermind that Dallas Clark is the best blocking tight end on the roster, Gijon Robinson sucks and isn't an NFL-caliber player (just watch, when he gets released, see if he makes another NFL roster for any of the other 31 teams).

People don't get how much better Peyton makes this offensive line. Especially as he handles all of the protection calls too.

If the Colts can get their running game going again, even if it's middle of the pack relative to the league, with their passing offense and their defense, that would bode extremely well for them.

I would say look for Polian to add an offensive lineman or two in the Draft, my guess is they do it in the 1st round (one of the left tackle prospects). In fact, as uncharacteristic as it may be for Polian/Colts, I think they might even trade up to do it.