Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In A Gallery Show!

1. In A Gallery Show!

Hey guys,

If you're in the LA area around March/April (I'll finalize this when I know), I'm looking to be in another gallery show. The theme is 'bikes' since biking around LA has apparently become a hip thing to do.

I'm debating whether to use the "Monsters on Bikes" piece I did in November for this show and call it a day, OR do something completely new. I'm leaning to new.

Anywho! Was way excited about this and TNLers are awesome when it comes to feedback/support so I thought who better to tell, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. Congrats! Make some new art!!

3. WOOOT Major Congrats dude! That's awesome, good luck with the show! DO SOMETHING NEW!
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. New new new. May I suggest gigantic front wheel bikes from the 1800's? That would be choice. Congrats on another show.

You are making this stuff digital, correct? How are you going about printing it up for the show? I've been doing a lot of messing around in Photoshop/painter and I'm getting to the point that I'm going to be making some serious work that I'll eventually want to show.

5. Do something new and keep us updated!

6. Quote Originally Posted by JM View Post
    New new new. May I suggest gigantic front wheel bikes from the 1800's? That would be choice. Congrats on another show.

You are making this stuff digital, correct? How are you going about printing it up for the show? I've been doing a lot of messing around in Photoshop/painter and I'm getting to the point that I'm going to be making some serious work that I'll eventually want to show.
    I mostly print from home since buying a Canon i9900 (was $400) - it's an oversized 13x19 max printer, 8 colors (CMYK, photo magenta and Cyan, red, and green) and does pretty awesome color when matched with good paper. I'll more than likely use it for this show and do a small print run...10-20, nothing more.

For larger print runs, I like overnightprints.com - good deals and good results. Had some business cards done there on the cheap and will probably need more for the show.

(and I was totally thinking of those big wheel 1800's bikes =D)

7. They're called penny farthings! Do it!
    Donk

8. grats!
    -Myk

9. Awesome news man. Way to go. From what I have seen of your work, I am not surprised to hear this.

10. Since learning that all posters have to be some form of hand-made print, I've been working my idea in big shapes and silhouettes first. Here's what I've got so far.

Penny Farthing CONFRIMED!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hanginthereWIP.jpg 
Views:	952 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	52158