Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Movie Club: the Brave Little Toaster

TNL Movie Club: the Brave Little Toaster

The Brave Little Toaster - 1987
    Click for full size

This is a dark, and thoroughly fucked up movie masquerading as a children's musical. This is also one of my all time favourite movies. I've been pushing it on you guys for years and now you HAVE to watch it. I hope you dig it!
    Even if you've seen it as a kid, watch it again... it is a COMPLETELY different movie as an adult. The music is also kick ass. "Worthless" being the stand out song. A good deal of the Pixar team was involved with the making of this movie, if that sort of thing is important to you. Thurl Ravenscroft (who is blessed with the manliest name in history) is the voice of the vacuum cleaner.

The scene with the flower is one of the most painful and harsh moments in any movie ever. Another stand out moment involves the Air Conditioner. Oh, and the fucking clown. Run...

Enjoy! This is really not a movie for children! It is available on Netflix, and youtube I think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_kso20yfDeE1qzko1o.jpg 
Views:	810 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	51827  

2. Wow this was released in 87? I can't remember the last time I watched it. I think it fucked me up.

I'm doing a double feature with this AND the Fox and the Hound. If any of you have the stones, I recommend you try it.

4. Netflix link, disc only.

lol at the sequels! BLT to the Rescue and BLT Goes to Mars (either Ernest?)

5. We bought this for Justi's brother for Christmas. He'd never seen it.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. I've been meaning to watch this for years. I will finally do so this weekend. Totally looks like my kind of movie- cute, sweet characters thrust into dark, fucked-up situations. Potent mix, IMO.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Will have a copy on Thursday!

Didn't realize there were 2 sequels to this.

8. I'm sure they're crap.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

I've never seen them. The first one is based on a book, I believe the sequels are not?

10. Goes To Mars is a book, To The Rescue is not! The original author was involved in both movies to some degree.

Animated sequels generally put the fear in me, so I have not seen them.