Page 1 of 18 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Mad Max: Fury Road

1. Film Mad Max: Fury Road

Quote Originally Posted by Latino Review
    Aintitcool got wind from a reader submitted tip that Patrick Stewart might be in the new Mad Max movie, Fury Road.

Here's what she had to say:

...he signed my XMen DVD and I got to ask him whether he'd like to make a movie in Australia and he said he may be back here soon to film a movie with George Miller. I - embarrassingly - blurted "Happy Feet 2! great!" and he said "No, another one". Only other one I can see that Miller is doing is the new Mad Max movie. Patrick is sexy, but surely he's not playing mad max! hee hee - - assume he's playing another role in it. keep up the good work, 'TrekGirl'

I'll take Patrick Stewart in the new Mad Max. What do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by MTV Movie Blog
    Fans of post-apocalyptic adventures will soon get to enjoy a new offering from one of the genre's greats. "Mad Max" creator George Miller is very busy these days bringing together the fourth entry in that series, "Fury Road." We already know that Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron are the stars... but that's pretty much it.

Well not anymore. For starters, the cast is growing exponentially. "Clash of the Titans" actor Nicholas Hoult is now on board, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Zoe Kravitz (daughter of Lenny), Teresa Palmer ("The Sorcerer's Apprentice") and Adelaide Clemens ("X-Men Origins: Wolverine") are also "in various states of negotiations to join" as well. That's not the best part though. "Mad Max" fans: we now know some story.

The movie will be set shortly after the events of "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome," the 1985 release starring Mel Gibson and Tina Turner. Hoult will play a character named Nux, though there's no indication of how he fits into the story. The other three -- Kravitz, who will play Five Wives, Palmer and Clemens -- will play riders in "a convoy being chased by bad guys." I'll bet Hardy's Max Rockatansky saves them.

Now that we know the "when" of this story, the next question is obvious. When is Miller going to announce an Aunty Entity cameo for Tina Turner???

What do you think of the new casting? Have you seen the previous "Mad Max" movies? Which is your favorite? Are you excited for "Fury Road"?
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

What the fuck, man.

3. We don't need another hero.

4. Just fucking bring back Mel Gibson. Who cares if he's old and insane? The movie would be awesome.

5. It appears that the rumor about Patrrick Stewart being in Mad Max 4 is true.

6. This looks awesome.

[cautious optimism intensifies]

8. Wow, that trailer looked damned good.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. Warner should recognize that Mad Max has been dormant in media for almost 30 years, and a lot of people have to be introduced to the series before buying their tickets. "The creator of the Mad Max trilogy" means nothing to a lot of adults, nevermind teenagers. Hopefully it's a worthy addition to the series, in the event that it underperforms, and closes the book on the movie franchise.