Thread: Will 360's Street Fighter IV arcade sticks work on a PC?

1. Will 360's Street Fighter IV arcade sticks work on a PC?

I've had my eye on the Tournament Edition Street Fighter IV arcade stick for the 360, and now that they are $99, I plan on picking one up. The price is still a bit steep though, so I was hoping it would also work with my PC, since the 360 is probably going to be out of the picture in 3 years. I'd hate to see the arcade stick collecting dust, so I'm hoping it will work for MAME and other games on my PC.

Will the Street Fighter IV TE stick work with the PC?

Anyone actually use one with their PC?

2. Everything I've ever heard says it does, BUT, haven't played a game on the pc since I've owned mine. I'd check if I was at home!

edt: http://www.madcatz.com/faq/default.asp?Action=Q&ID=217
    Last edited by YellerDog; 04 Feb 2010 at 09:45 PM.

3. Both the 360 and PS3 sticks work on PC.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

4. yes

ps3 edition might be problematic because madcatz fucked up designing the pcb, but the 360 one will work 100%

5. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    yes

ps3 edition might be problematic because madcatz fucked up designing the pcb, but the 360 one will work 100%

Yeah. I tried plugging in the PS3 arcade stick, but it didn't immediately register. I thought it was kind of odd, since I use a usb to PS2 adaptor for my dual-shock 2 and the PC recognizes it as a PS3 controller.

6. My 360 TE was recognized by XP immediately and it downloaded the driver automatically. I've used it for Mame, nFBA and some other things just fine.

The PS3 version supposedly works, but only with certain usb chipsets. SRK has a thread about that.

7. Yup, Windows picks it up with no issue. Its always nice to use Mame with a stick