Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: lol snow

1. And the snow is still falling.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blizzard_'10_1.png 
Views:	569 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	52184   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blizzard_'10_2.png 
Views:	574 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	52185   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blizzard_'10_3.png 
Views:	562 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	52186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blizzard_'10_4.png 
Views:	568 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	52188  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blizzard_'10_5.png 
Views:	564 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	52189   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blizzard_'10_6.png 
Views:	566 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	52190  
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. I went for a bike ride today. I've used the snowblower once this year so far. I was expecting a massive winter this year too.

Oh well.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

I'm still waiting for it to come.

Trucks never arrived at work though because of the roads in PA. We didn't do shit. It was exhausting.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. i just shoveled snow for 3 hours. fuck me.

need to get a snow blower
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

5. snow blowers are for lazy out of shape folks who want to grow soft and fat in their old age. shoveling is great exercise. of course use your arms and your legs, not your back.

Went for our first friday bike ride as the storm dropped 3-4 inches from 7-10pm, derailleur broke and left me stranded, walking, soon enough there 6 inches. ...got picked-up, home by midnight. few cars out spinning and fishtailing on the hills out of the city. fixed bike, out riding the semi-plowed roads till 2. fucking dreamlike.

today, unbelievably a farmer friend had his 4-wheeler up for plowing. took the plow off and agreed to shuttle me across town to a rare wide open 40 degree face of blue mt. snowboard strapped on back we take back alleys to the Greenbelt. questionable what was going to happen. 18" of snow, plus drifts fully over the wheels and front end of the 4-wheeler. blazin it. at a completely unexpected spot city police are guarding a community college parking lot we'd expected to cut across. approach em anyway. chief gets out a the car and yells "we better not be going on any city streets". up ahead was the biggest obstacle of a major intersection (then the mountain access just beyond). had our warning. turned us back. so bummed.
    [/livejournal]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_0205_205013.jpg 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	52206   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_0205_211911_Greenbelt-Pheonix-bridge-night-snow.jpg 
Views:	567 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	52207   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_0205_212058_Greenbelt-pheonix-bridge-bike-snow.jpg 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	52208   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_0206_135504_Pennbrook_stairs-snow-light.jpg 
Views:	567 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	52209  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_0206_141903_Boas-St_nieghbors-car_snow_Pennbrook.jpg 
Views:	563 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	52210   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_0206_162030_Greenbelt-edgemont-4-wheeling_snow.jpg 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	52211   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_0206_164430_Greenbelt-State-Hospital-4-wheeling.jpg 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	52212   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_0206_164436_Greenbelt-state-hospital-4-wheeling_snow.jpg 
Views:	568 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	52213  

Last edited by Shooting Love; 06 Feb 2010 at 08:44 PM.

6. My job told me not to bother coming in today and they're running the kitchen with 3 people. I brushed nineteen feet of snow off my car and battled my car our of about 2-3 feet of snow behind it (I'm quite good at this, I never shovel my car out) and then I got stuck going out of the driveway of the complex and got stuck again coming back in.

My favorite part about when it snows really hard is when people seem to think that the rules of the road don't apply anymore. Running red lights, stopping in the middle of a 40mph road, parking wherever they please, driving in the wrong lane...lovely.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

7. I went out every hour on the hour from 6am to when it stopped at 5pm, add to the fact I went out at 11pm when it started and shoveled. If you go out twice (once in the morning and then after it stops) you're doing it wrong.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    My favorite part about when it snows really hard is when people seem to think that the rules of the road don't apply anymore.
    They don't.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Love View Post
    snow blowers are for lazy out of shape folks who want to grow soft and fat in their old age. shoveling is great exercise. of course use your arms and your legs, not your back.
    Snowblowers are for people who live in areas that get snow on a regular basis and need to get to fucking work in the morning and don't have all day to fuck around and have "fun" shoveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

10. Big Bear Lake recieved about 5 feet of snow two weeks ago. Five. Fucking. Feet. Those poor bastards couldn't get down the mountain into the valley if their collective lives depended on it.

AWESOME snowboarding trip though. I've never seen that much snow.