Thread: Little website help?

1. Little website help?

I'm making a website for somebody else despite the fact that i have virtually no html knowledge. The problem is as follows:

I have a table setup, in which one of the cells contains an inline frame. In Firefox its working fine, but its not working in IE. here is the code in question:

Code:
    <td width="738" <iframe bgcolor="#FFFFFF" name="TARGET" SRC="home.htm" width=738 height=528 frameborder=0 scrolling=auto allowtransparency=false </iframe></td>
    Anyone see why its not working in ie? Or, does anyone know a better way to get a cell in a table to have a scroll bar?

2. 1) take that iframe out, it's not 1994 any more

2) <td width="whatever" style="overflow: scroll"> should do the trick

edit: 3) use ajax instead of a fucking iframe, so you can load data on-demand (ajax is pathetically simple to get running, especially with a library like jQuery)

edit: 4) if you absolutely, positively must use a iframe, <td blah blah blah><iframe blah bla blah></iframe></td> is the way to do it
    Last edited by cka; 12 Feb 2010 at 05:56 AM.

3. lol, thanks, got it working. I know iframes are ancient and retarded, its just a solution that i knew. I haven't made a web page in many years.

4. Do you have to have a little computer to run a little website?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Tables are way outdated too. The last website I made used CSS instead of tables <flexes>