Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2838404142

Thread: 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Do people in Canada actually like Crosby? Because I think he's the embodiment of everything that is wrong with the post-lockout NHL. Seeing the 2002 team photo with Lemieux, Sakic, etc. and then seeing clowns like Crosby and Staal just shows how fast Canada's hockey dethronement is coming. It's just too bad it couldn't be rung in yesterday.
    Haha. Bitter loser talk.

People in Canada like Crosby. Do we think he's the be-all end-all in hockey? I don't think so. But he's proven within the last 12 months alone he's got something going for him with a Stanley and a Gold Medal to his name. You can't argue with results. He knew exactly how to beat Miller with that last shot (not even blinking with it) and did it.

The problems with the NHL stem from the pussification of the league, and I know you already know this because YOU JUST SAID IT LIKE 3 POSTS EARLIER. Penalizing too many trivial things for far too long and killing the great momentum a truly great game can carry. I'm almost happy in the Olympics there was no fighting. It forces players to take it out on the goalie through clean play. I realize what fighting has brought to the game, though, and don't condone an outright ban or anything in the NHL. But they should try to model itself after this Olympic tournament. The problem with America is you have bitches like that fat chick on The View crying about fighting in hockey and the "violence" of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. You can't argue with results.
    You can if you are the Skip Bayless of TNL.

3. I wonder. Now that Luongo has won the "big game", one has to wonder how the 'Nucks are going to fare this playoff year. Watch out.

4. I don't think Luongo played amazing or anything, though. I'd say Demitra's contributions to Slovakia have to be the killer coup for Vancouver in these games. If he plays half that amazing upon his return to the NHL Vancouver will already be a better team. Though it's much different to play for money than it is for patriotic pride. At the end of the day you still make your bank.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

USA let me down so bad.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Do people in Canada actually like Crosby? Because I think he's the embodiment of everything that is wrong with the post-lockout NHL. Seeing the 2002 team photo with Lemieux, Sakic, etc. and then seeing clowns like Crosby and Staal just shows how fast Canada's hockey dethronement is coming. It's just too bad it couldn't be rung in yesterday.
    And seeing players like Nash, Doughty, Toews, Perry, and Getzlaf shows that there we have depth. How about the ones who didn't make it? Stamkos, Tavares, Duchene, Carter, Green, Bouwmeester and more. This was the team that was the safest bet to not bring home the gold just because of the talent that was left out of the lineup and the fact that it was in our land and the other teams would be playing that much harder to beat us at home. In four years, we'll have alot of these guys who were left off the roster taking over. We're going to be fine. But thanks for caring so much.
    Last edited by Spike; 01 Mar 2010 at 01:24 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I wonder. Now that Luongo has won the "big game", one has to wonder how the 'Nucks are going to fare this playoff year. Watch out.
    You know what pissed me off? The fact that the fucktard from TSN when interviewing Luongo after the game asked him if he proved himself to his critics that he can win the big games. Luongo answered back that it would be up to his critics to answer that and that he won a gold medal and no one can take that away from him.

They don't even let the guy enjoy his moment.

8. People overturned a taxi last night in Toronto.