Page 1 of 42 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver

2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver

This doesn't have a thread yet? I LOVE CURLING!

Anyway opening ceremonies are complete, first interesting story has happened. A Georgian luger died in a crash on a practice run.

http://www.americansuperstarmag.com/...es-after-crash
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. A guy died on the luge track (after complaints were made about it before), the skiing events are all fucked up because of the weather, and the lighting ceremony was all screwed up.

Good job Canada.

3. From the "What's Buggin' You?" Thread:

Friend One: I'm embarrassed.
    Friend Two: We do it to ourselves.
    Friend Three: What a goon show.

We were all screaming at the TV.

Canadians complain about everyone thinking we're all moose, canoes, snow, igloos and parries. And then when we get a chance to showcase ourselves on the world stage, we trot out all of our stereotypes. Also: ice penises and technical malfunctions.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 13 Feb 2010 at 03:25 PM.

4. Vancouver is the warmest city to ever host the Winter Olympics, Diff.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    Canadians complain about everyone thinking we're all moose, canoes, snow, igloos and parries.
    Nah, Canadians are beer that is now owned by US companies and hockey that went 50 years between gold medals.

6. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Vancouver is the warmest city to ever host the Winter Olympics, Diff.
    Apparently Japanese reporters came out of the airport all bundled up and were absolutely shocked by how spring-ish it was.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Nah, Canadians are beer that is now owned by US companies and hockey that went 50 years between gold medals.
    *sigh*

When does baseball start?

Never as long as Omar Minaya is allowed to breath.

9. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Vancouver is the warmest city to ever host the Winter Olympics, Diff.
    Well whose bright idea was that?

When it was first announced that the Olympics was coming here, I automatically assumed it was the summer one. Vancouver practically shuts down if it snows a couple inches. I guess the mountains in Whistler usually get enough snow but I think they had to fly some more in.

What's embarrassing is on the trains I have seen some Olympics ads that are only in French, as if anyone here speaks it.