Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Play Magazine 2008-current

1. Wanted: Play Magazine 2008-current

Now that this mag is apparently dead, I am looking to pick up the backissues from 2008-now (Feb 2010) PM me if you have these or can get them. Will buy or trade for back issues of Edge, GamesTM, etc.

2. I have the following issues sitting in a pile next to me:
    September 2008
    December 2008
    April 2009
    May 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009

How much are you willing to pay with shipping?

3. I'll let you know, I'd rather get them all at once from someone that was gonna toss em, because the shipping can get a little steep if I buy them in little batches.

4. Just make sure it's sent media mail. Shouldn't cost too much to ship that way.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

5. Quote Originally Posted by salt_peanuts View Post
    I'll let you know, I'd rather get them all at once from someone that was gonna toss em, because the shipping can get a little steep if I buy them in little batches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    Just make sure it's sent media mail. Shouldn't cost too much to ship that way.
    That's what I was thinking.
    Just let me know, SP. I'll put them aside in the meanwhile.

6. Ok, thanks. I'll take them if I can't find a bigger bundle. I wish the play website put them on sale for the $10 for a whole year deal like they did with 2005-07...

7. There is no Feb 2010 issue. Also, if I had access to the Play offices still, I'd go in and just steal the issues for you. But, I don't.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

8. The post offices in my area are complete pricks with Media Mail.

Pretty much nothing qualifies except movies and books.
    They will refuse magazines because there are advertisements in them.
    They once refused to let me mail photo albums to my sister as media mail.
    They have refused games because no microchips can be sent as media mail - "but it is a CD based game" ...that is when I have to drive across town to another post office.

There are some crazy deranged militant fucks working at the local post offices.

9. Do they actually inspect it in front of you? I just tell them it's either DVDs or books then they tell me it's possible that the package will be inspected before delivery. To my knowledge nothing has ever been inspected. I've sent everything you can think of that remotely relates to "media" and never had a problem.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

10. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    There is no Feb 2010 issue. Also, if I had access to the Play offices still, I'd go in and just steal the issues for you. But, I don't.
    What are they gonna do with all the back issues?? Seems silly to not sell them and keep the store up at least and sell the bundles for $10, assuming they still have someone to ship things, which I'm guessing they don't...