Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: Temple Discovered That Predates Pyramids (and, more interestingly, all other human settlements)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Anyone notice that carving @ 3:00 with the chick with something spilling outta her vag?
    Last edited by Shine; 26 Feb 2010 at 11:38 PM.

2. Standing on the hill at dawn, overseeing a team of 40 Kurdish diggers
    Fuckin' Kurds.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Given that neanderthals buried their dead ritualistically with tools for the afterlife, I don't know why anyone would have believed that urbanization and agriculture came before religion.
    I don't think that is really the problem with the argument at hand. It is the assertion that all other developments came from religion, or in the case of this find, from these ruins. The archeologist is arguing that the first stable towns were build just so people could live near religious sites. And why? Because the ruins predate all known pottery and housing remains.

That just seems like a weird conclusion to come to, to me. "Well pussy feathers, there are no pots at these ruins and it is older than all the pots we have at the museum, I guess they invented pots and houses just so they could hang out here more and worship Emuck the Titty God."

"but what about the other 95% of the ruins you haven't looked at? Maybe there are pots or hut remains there"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP. HELLO, TITTY GOD! FUCK OFF"
    Last edited by Fe 26; 27 Feb 2010 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Anyone notice that carving @ 3:00 with the chick with something spilling outta her vag?

I was wondering why I came violently at the 2:45-3:15 period. Thanks.
    I took all your French Toast.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Well this totally ruins the paths in the Civilization games. THANKS A FUCKING LOT SCIENCE!
    You may as well have been playing Warcraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

I'm trolling.

That being said, I have a deep seeded love of hex strategy games. Want to make something of it?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
    Language is melodic. Even modern language, all though people are used to ignoring it.
    A few languages still require melody, the tonal ones, but most modern language does not need changing tone to be understood. We use a whole region of sound to decipher the meaning, rather than a single tone.

I know what you mean, but when I say melodic languages, I don't mean like what we have now, I mean the notes meaning almost everything.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life