Page 1 of 75 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2010 TNL NYC Meet-up Thread

1. Opa Walking Official 2010 TNL NYC Meet-up Thread

Alright ladies, it's that time again. Last year's festivities were pretty sweet, sans Ramon bailing on everyone.

As per tradition, let's do this in June. Based on the Yankee's baseball schedule, we should do this on (Fri-Sun)...

June 11-13th (Houston is in town) or
    June 18-20th (Mets take the train to the stadium)

I'm not much of a planner, but some things to do:

Barcade (we can't not do this, it has to be done)
    Yankees game
    Chinatown fair (I want to beat you at MvC2)
    MoMA
    The Met
    Central Park
    Cheapshots (so Ramon can bail on us properly)
    Somehow manage to book a gig for one of Josh's bands, and then heckle the fuck out of him

Since I don't live there I really can't plan much out. I'll leave that up to Ramon and Mezz, who are much better at it.

We have a few months so anyone who needs to arrange transportation can take care of that.

LETS DO IT!

2. I'm not planning shit this year. I don't want some heeb coming in and deciding to split the group in two because he was going to be out of town and thought we should all revolve around his unique-snowflake ass.

And I didn't really bail. I fucking went out after being out for twelve hours when baby Netwurked and Co. decided to call the night at 7 p.m. You even came with me to have drinks with co-workers.

Oh, and Cheapshots was sold to some dumb fuck. He removed truck bombs and changed the specials around. I haven't been there since October and I probably will never go again. Barcade sucks shit. It's literally a hole in a wall. I'd go to the Met, though. MoMA bores me. Josh can totally play in NJ but he's being a baby about something over there.

And Coury hasn't been around for ages. He lives around the corner from me and I never see him. Ever. I wouldn't really count on him planning this time.

Nothx on 18-20. Yespls on on 11-13.

4. 11-13 is better for me because once again because of E3. Kudos for putting an option up front, this time.

5. Hey Rhydant, did Ramon break your little heart or something? So the guy doesn't show, whatever. I have a rep for no-showing as well. However, I usually end up no-showing shit because of some unexpected drama popping up in my life at the last minute, which used to happen a lot. But that situation is now gone for good, so it shouldn't happen anymore.

Anyway, I'd like to show up to this one. Any date is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    And Coury hasn't been around for ages. He lives around the corner from me and I never see him. Ever. I wouldn't really count on him planning this time.
    You're right about that...Coury will say that he wants to hang, but he can't ever be bothered calling or texting anyone ever. I don't know what his deal is.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 01 Mar 2010 at 01:04 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Also, I remember meeting up with you faggots at Cheap Shots and then everybody bailing within minutes of getting to cheap shots so it was just me, ramon and ramon's friend.

faggots.

7. If things work out for me, and I don't have to be in Santa Fe until after this, I might just actually finally make it to one of these. If I could make it, 11-13 would be my choice of dates.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Hey Rhydant, did Ramon break your little heart or something? So the guy doesn't show, whatever. I have a rep for no-showing as well. However, I usually end up no-showing shit because of some unexpected drama popping up in my life at the last minute, which used to happen a lot. But that situation is now gone for good, so it shouldn't happen anymore.
    Yeah, no one's under any obligation to show up. I gave Ramon shit for not throwing out a couple dates as per the usual protocol when a lot of people were going to have an issue with the one date, but no one should feel like they have to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I'm not planning shit this year. I don't want some heeb coming in and deciding to split the group in two because he was going to be out of town and thought we should all revolve around his unique-snowflake ass.
    The group split before I said anything. That's why I said something. It was just bad planning, and sure enough the turn out was weak. It's not a big deal, but it should be a lesson learned.

I'd never have said shit if it was just me. There have been plenty of these I've skipped because I had shit going on and not said a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhydant View Post
    Somehow manage to book a gig for one of Josh's bands, and then heckle the fuck out of him
    I guarantee we could find a place for Josh's band to play in the city, no problem. If he's down, we can get it done. I have friends in local bands that have loads of contacts.

Let's maybe try some new hangouts, too. Otto's Shrunken Head is a pretty cool tiki-style bar that usually has some good live music going on and it's like 2 blocks from the Crocodile Lounge if we decide to bail and go for something familiar.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 01 Mar 2010 at 01:11 AM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Yeah, no one's under any obligation to show up.
    Well, what Ramona and I do is different, I think. He usually says right up front he's not showing. I used to say I am showing, then bail at the last second and leave people wondering wtf is going on. Both of these things get people bent out of shape, but I think my actions are a little lower on the "nice" scale. I've gotten many texts from people upset that I no-showed a TNL get-together and I do feel bad about that.

Like I said, I used to have a lot of drama in my life. That shit's done.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Honestly, even the small TNL get togethers were usually still a fun hang, though. Never left me feeling like I should have stayed home.