Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Deadly Premonition

1. Found this. Had to share:

Click for full size

I love this game. York is NUTS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deadlyp.jpg 
Views:	509 
Size:	436.7 KB 
ID:	53345  
    Last edited by arjue; 10 Apr 2010 at 09:01 AM.

2. hmm signs still point to garbage

3. I kind of want this, but it's the equivalent of 70 bucks in Japan.

And there is no PS3 version in America for some reason.

4. Just got this game. It's terrible and I love it. It should be garbage, but has this strange charm that's immediately compelling. I stopped playing Mass Effect 2 to get in more time with this. It's almost a post-modern game experience. Wouldn't you agree, Zach?
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. Quote Originally Posted by Salsashark View Post
    I kind of want this, but it's the equivalent of 70 bucks in Japan.

Yeah, it's rape priced. I'd pick it up if it was less than 3000, but that's about as high as I would go.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Salsashark View Post
    I kind of want this, but it's the equivalent of 70 bucks in Japan.

An Ignition rep said that they tried to do a PS3 release. It fell through initially, but he indicated its surprising success may lead to a reconsideration.

7. Quote Originally Posted by AaronChance View Post
    Just got this game. It's terrible and I love it. It should be garbage, but has this strange charm that's immediately compelling. I stopped playing Mass Effect 2 to get in more time with this. It's almost a post-modern game experience. Wouldn't you agree, Zach?
    Nice. This game has what most games of this gen lacks, and that is soul. If Bad Company 2 wasn't out, I'd have finished it already. As is, its my before sleep game. Great game to unwind with.

8. Something I just noticed: on the TV in the room, the headline on the news program says "i love forest of rain foevar"

<3 Deadly Premonition.

9. This game is really crazy. I don't understand how it evokes joy in everything. I mean, the driving is god awful and there's a lot of it, but I find myself enjoying it even as I'm sliding all over the road. I played for almost an hour and forgot to save, but I don't mind going through that part again. It defies every notion of polished and sanitized game that's become the standard, even in more ambitious games like Mass Effect 2. It feels like what a lot of indie games aspire to evoke, but never quite reach. Can't wait to play more.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2