Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No More Mail on Saturdays?

1. basically the post office has to evolve into a ups/fedex

letter mail is dying...and most mail these days is probably junk mail
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

2. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy View Post
    and most mail these days is probably junk mail
    They should triple their bulk rates.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    It seems to me that they are losing money not because less and less people are using them, but because they continue to focus and depend on a part of their services that is becoming obsolete.
    Diff pointed out that all their business was down, including packages. And it clearly states in the original article that current Federal law prohibits the PO from expanding their services beyond what they already offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Corporations are here to make friends not money.
    Let me make my point clearer, Paco. As Clarance Boddicker once said, good business is where you find it. Fed-Ex and friends lowering some of their rates to attract customers that can no longer send shit through the PO on Saturdays may increase overall business to the point that it offsets the slightly lower revenue per package. Not saying it's a sound business plan (as that's not my field), but it seems logical.

Of course, once again, the chance of PO Saturdays going away are probably almost nil, so whatever.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Tony Soprano would be pissed. Sending out all of those horseshoe necklaces just got pricey.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Diff pointed out that all their business was down, including packages. And it clearly states in the original article that current Federal law prohibits the PO from expanding their services beyond what they already offer.
    Did you look at the last link he posted? Packages continued to make more and more revenue until 2009. Even though package mailing was dropping, they found ways to make more money off the business they were getting.

6. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy View Post
    basically the post office has to evolve into a ups/fedex

letter mail is dying...and most mail these days is probably junk mail
    Bingo. There's a reason the USPS fought the do not mail bill like they did. As an aside, the USPS has never been profitable as a company. I've been in this business for the last 5 years.