Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Pacific

1. Haha yea pretty much. No one I know likes it thats for sure. Best movie ever with the best music ive ever heard on top. Such interesting back story behind the film too with the director coming out of a 20 year disappearing act to make it, and all the problems with cutting the movie. Theres suppossed to be a huge 5 hour+ extended version of it out there but because the movie didnt do all too well, we'll probably never see it. There was a ton of big name actors who played roles in the film and after the cuts, quite a few of them never even show up in the final version, heh. (According to WIKI these actors all had scenes that never showed up: Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Sheen, Gary Oldman, Bill Pullman, Lukas Haas, Viggo Mortensen and Mickey Rourke.)

This first pacific episode was so similar to the Thin Red Line. With the scenes on the crowded boat. Then to arrive on the beaches with no resistance. Wandering on the island in silence - and running into the dead bodies far inland but still no encounters with the enemy.
    Last edited by Destro777; 16 Mar 2010 at 02:39 PM.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

2. Jon Seda aka John Bastilone went hardcore in that last episode. Shooting four japs in the face and then carrying that Gatling gun without a glove and no stand. Then running out in the open and kicking over that pile of dead jap bodies.

This is the best TV show on Television. Bar none.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. I think Thin Red Line was one of Ebert's Top 10 films of the 90s.

The first episode of TP was okay. I need to watch the 2nd.