Page 1 of 32 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING! A Huge Podcast Is Approaching Fast!

1. Japan WARNING! A Huge Podcast Is Approaching Fast!

Podcasts! Yes, there are like eight billion of them out there now, but they're free, they fill your ears with entertainment, so why not listen to another?

WARNING! A Huge Podcast is the first show from the relaunch of my little morning radio project, and it comes packed with one heck of a cast: ex-GameFan and ex-Play staffers Nick Rox, Casey Loe (Takuhi from the GF days), and yours truly. The show's focus is covering the world of Japanese gaming, looking at those topics and titles that don't get much coverage on the other podcasts from two hosts who are crazy about the import scene (and me, who is somehow along for the ride).

To launch the show, we've got two episodes to offer: our first real episode (Stage 001), and a special "prologue" episode (Stage 000) that gives a bit of an introduction as to how the three of us came to know each other. The quality on these two episodes is not perfect; blame that on the fact that I'm getting back into podcast recording after like four years of not having done it. I'm already trying to work out plans so that the next episode will sound much better.

Anyhow, if this sounds at all interesting to you, please check us out. The link below will take you to the (still work-in-progress) morning radio page, where you can either listen to the shows directly there or, much better, subscribe to us. We're not on iTunes just yet, so use one of the two "Show Feeds" links on the right: you can either subscribe specifically to WAHP, or you can subscribe to the "All Shows" feed to get WAHP and any other podcasts that are released as part of morning radio.

http://radio.morningproject.com/

The plan for now is to have a new episode up roughly every two weeks. Also, if you listen to the show, please make a note to appreciate the show's opener the first time you hear it - I worked hard on it and think it turned out quite nice.

...also, since I'm already here wasting your time with such shameless self promotion, you are already subscribed to that other podcast I'm a part of - Smart Video Game Fan - right?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. neat.

itunes link?

3. That intro is a million years long........

4. Quote Originally Posted by dementia_ View Post
    neat.

itunes link?
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    We're not on iTunes just yet, so use one of the two "Show Feeds" links on the right
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. i was thinking along the lines of an ETA, missy

6. You guys need someone energetic on this thing! So sleepy!

Sound like a bunch of vegans...
    Last edited by YellerDog; 05 Mar 2010 at 05:22 PM.

7. Okay, who said FFX had the best story in the series? It's so famously incoherent.
    Last edited by StriderKyo; 05 Mar 2010 at 06:00 PM.
    -Kyo

8. I'm a podcast-aholic! Will listen tonight at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

9. Are you two timing Negron?

Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    Okay, who said FFX had the best story in the series? It wasn't even coherent.
    Gross! What a bad game. I was hoping the combat system could save the story, characters, design, voice acting, weapon system, blitzball, and everything else aspect of the game, but it was not enough.

In the end you just label the new armor, magic, flying whatever enemy in the new zone and pop out the appropriate character. Boring.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery