Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gene Simmons' Son's Comic Rips Off Every Comic Ever Made

1. Gene Simmons' Son's Comic Rips Off Every Comic Ever Made

This is pretty nuts. Here's a full, exhaustive report that I'd never have the attention span to assemble:
    http://www.journalfen.net/community/...k/1241401.html

Basic story is that Nick Simmons has a comic and he's been just tearing panels from Bleach, Hellsing, and random DeviantArt pieces and assembling something resembling a comic book from them. This is ten times worse than ANY story I've seen on this before. The internet caught on, sprang into action, and got him in trouble. Manga authors respond, comments form drama, etc

have some pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i1b7o3.jpg 
Views:	575 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	53253   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	j9sinmjpg.png 
Views:	470 
Size:	239.8 KB 
ID:	53254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1819compare.jpg 
Views:	885 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	53255  

2. To his credit, judging by those pics he copied instead of traced. So he's still more honest than half the guys working for Marvel. How does Greg Land get off without getting crucified like this?

3. While I think this guy is an asshat (evident from his first appearance in that Dr. Pepper commercial), I think one reason he's getting so much heat is because he is Gene Simmons' kid. Don't a lot of "anime fans" just rip this stuff off blatantly and sell it at Comic Con and shit to other fans?

4. This is amazing, I can't believe no one caught onto this before publication, and the blatant thievery doesn't stop there, he's literally ripped everything off.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    While I think this guy is an asshat (evident from his first appearance in that Dr. Pepper commercial), I think one reason he's getting so much heat is because he is Gene Simmons' kid. Don't a lot of "anime fans" just rip this stuff off blatantly and sell it at Comic Con and shit to other fans?
    I think amateur stuff at an "Artist Alley" is different than theft, changing very small features and publishing it as your own.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    This is amazing, I can't believe no one caught onto this before publication, and the blatant thievery doesn't stop there, he's literally ripped everything off.
    It's the Limbo of the Lost of comic books imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    I think amateur stuff at an "Artist Alley" is different than theft, changing very small features and publishing it as your own.
    Okay, fair enough.

F-chan.

7. Apparently this started at GameFaqs of all places. How'd 4chan not be the first to point this out, isn't that sorta their thing?

8. Does it have dickgirls?

Then no, it isn't.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    I know some folks who pick up some pretty good money doing this. It's a grey area, but it gets a lot of bills paid, apparently!

10. The overlays are very telling.