Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: God of War III: Kratos Kills the World

God of War III: Kratos Kills the World

So basically this game is fucking ridiculous like what.

I've always loved God of War and this game did not disappoint. The shit going on in this game is out of control; from the scale of the fights to the violence, the music, the incredible graphics... If you are like me and you make OH! noises and grab your head when people are getting beat on, well, you will be doing a lot of that in this game.

Is it a spoiler to mention that you kill everyone? Was there any doubt of that happening? You pretty much kill everyone who ever fucked you over or even looked at you funny, and you do it in a balls-out nasty way.

KEVIN SORBO VOICES HERCULES, even if he is massively outclassed by the performances of Rip Torn and Malcolm Mc-fucking-Dowell (you know, real actors), it is still both hilarious and rad.

My only complaint is that the game is so good it felt absolutely too short. As soon as I finish this Chaos playthrough I will be totally and utterly done with everything there is to do in this game, and only three days deep. The truth is that it's the perfect length for an action game (10 hours or so?), anything more would become boring shit filler.

Anyone else playing this or what?

PS - Oh wait, not perfect: the requisite "up in your own head" segment did in fact suck on two balls at once. Too bad, so close.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. I got it yesterday!! 2 PS3 games in 2 weeks!! HOLY shit!! This game is the awesome. I can not believe the PS3 fanboys havent been posting about this. I plan to play this a lot today.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

Seriously, where is the discussion about this?

The game is seriously just a giant cock and balls on your screen, fucking your eyes. It's great.
    My Backloggery

4. Kevin Sorbo voices Hercules? nice! I thought it was great that they got Harry Hamlin to voice Perseus in part two. I just finished off Hades so I'm probably not too far into it. The first level up to the boss is insane and pretty epic. Game looks and sounds great too.

5. there are some absurd boss fights in this, and yes the game is epic as hell. i haven't posted about it because i've been too busy playing it. i'm pretty close to what should be the end now, and I've found myself in a rediculous fight I can't seem to survive.

Cerberus that spits out exploding dogs and then there are like three fucking impossible spear guys?

Try it on Chaos, YOU PUSSY
    My Backloggery

7. Wow, how'd you guess? 3 of those fuckers? I may just stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    The game is seriously just a giant cock and balls on your screen, fucking your eyes. It's great.
    Somehow those two sentences don't quite look right, beside each other.

9. I agree with Mzo, although I haven't finished the game yet. This game looks like sex, it's just perfectly done. And the fights... I want to finish the game and I probably will today, but all I think about is playing what I've already played again because of how fucking cool it was. Every save I make is a new one so that when someone comes over I can jump into any point and go "OMG LOOK AT THIS PART!"

The only thing is I seem to be missing a bunch of stuff, from the collectables that can be used on your next playthrough to a shit-ton of Gorgon eyes (my magic bar is almost 3 levels higher than my health, and my item bar is 2 past it). The game is very straight forward in most parts so I'm wondering where I missed things.

Besides that, I've heard the game is getting 10's across the board in most reviews, and I have to agree so far. The only, and I mean ONLY thing that I have found frustrating about it is opening chests and using save points. For some reason the detection of using R1 to open chests is kinda spotty, and many times I'm halfway through opening a chest and all of a sudden Kratos just lets go, or I'm standing right in front of it and he won't grab it. And sometimes I have to stand 5 feet from a savepoint to activate it. Weird.

Besides that, perfection in motion.

10. Better than 1 and 2 and better overall than I thought it would be, but still production value driven rather than gameplay driven. There's nothing wrong with liking a summer blockbuster action movie, though, which this basically is.