Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's Bravo Music!

1. Thumbs Down Let's Bravo Music!

Although it is almost a year old in Japan...like exactly (came out 12/02/02) I had no idea that a sequal to Mad Maestro existed. I loved the first game when it came out here on that budget label and was wondering about the sequal. The main problem with the first one was that it was a short game. Anybody tried ou the sequal, it it any longer? Also, is the gameplay changed at all? It was pretty good to begin with, so I guess more of the same wouldnt be too bad then.

Also, how did those budget titles do overall? I swear I saw that mosquito game sitting on shelves forever. Im assuming not well since we havent seen them continued, but I thought they were a wonderfull idea to get niche games to America.
    your mom

2. I think Eidos nixed the Fresh Games label, which is a shame, as some great titles came out on it. Hopefuly, with more and more budget PS2 titles being released now, Mad Maestro II could become a possibility for U.S. gamers.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. How exactly do they go about picking those budget titles though? For every 5 generic horrible game you have a really good import title that gets a butchered title and cover.
    your mom

4. I doubt there's an exact science to it, there is a pattern though. Rhythm games tend to be quite popular as budget items, while Legaia 2 was the expection to the rule with Fresh Games, as it was an RPG, and the sequel to one on the PSX that received quite a bit of hype and critical acclaim for it at the time. Puzzle games are also quite popular as budget releases.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. Not to be a stickler but the Fresh Games actually launched at $50. They just plummeted in price rather quickly. Shame really....

6. I bought Mad Maestro for $6.50 at Target. That's actually how much enjoyment I got out of it. I've still gotta find Mr. Mosquito (KA still sounds cooler).

7. I got Mad Maestro for 10 bucks and I loved every bit of it. It was pretty frustrating at first but once you really get a feel for the music, it sends you into an almost Rez-esque trance of perfection. Definetly one of the better, more unique music games in recent years.

And now I want to play it :O
    Play Guitar Hero //

8. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    I think Eidos nixed the Fresh Games label, which is a shame, as some great titles came out on it. Hopefuly, with more and more budget PS2 titles being released now, Mad Maestro II could become a possibility for U.S. gamers.
    I saw the Fresh games logo when starting up R-Type final so they may still be around.

9. Here's to hoping that ends up being the case.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

10. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    I bought Mad Maestro for $6.50 at Target. That's actually how much enjoyment I got out of it. .
    Got the same deal here. It was ok but not the best in the genre on the PS2.

Wasn't there a conductor’s wand controller released in Japan?
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in