Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shipping Overseas

Shipping Overseas

Does anyone here have much experience with shipping things overseas? I sold something to a man in Denmark.

What is the cheapest option to ship something and get tracking? I want to decrease his ability to claim he never got it and reverse paypal payments.

2. Never ship overseas. Its nothing but headaches.

If you must, just use the USPS - it's the cheapest and most 'valid' way.
    Boo, Hiss.

I tried to ship a small package with tracking last week. Shipping would have jumped from 4.50 to 35$

4. Yeah. Overseas shipping is nothing but headaches.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. I used to help run a sales department and shipped many things overseas.

First off, USPS is not always the cheapest. Sometimes they're the most expensive. Second, I suggest you open a browser and have USPS, UPS, Fed Ex, and DHL open in separate tabs. Enter the info in each and compare rates. I think they all come with a tracking number automatically. I used a corporate account so I was never sure if it was extra.

Do NOT forget your papers. I think you need at least three copies in the packing slip. Whichever shipper you use will help you with all of this info but if you do not include these slips customs will hold onto your package for an undisclosed amount of time and then it returns to sender.

6. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Overseas shipping is nothing but headaches.
    Quoted for mutherfukin' truth.
    It's been a while since I was majorly involved with eBay, but as of a few years ago, no one offered overseas tracking, and I got hit more than a few times with assholes claiming they never received anything.

USPS rarely gives a tracking number by default. It may be different for commercial customers, but I've always had to ask for it and pay extra for it.

8. Either way, my post is how to handle shipping overseas. Just remember the Customs requirements or you're boned in the butt.

9. Any time I sell something on ebay that 's one of the stipulations I put in the auction. I only ship to the lower 48. Fuck everything else, even Canada. I don't care if you're willing to pay the shipping to Greece, I'm not willing to ship to Greece.
    Boo, Hiss.

10. Shipping overseas on eBay lost its luster when eBay curtailed the overcharging on shipping and put in set values. Fuck that shit.