Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Business cards

1. To me it feels a little bit confined and shows a lack of confidence in your work to shotgun EVERYTHING on the card, especially since it's such an eclectic mix of photos he has to choose from. I'm also wary of the stacked box look in general. But that would be a way to go one sided. The best looking business cards are focused, though. I do split cards 50/50 if I have to, but my natural instinct is to use both sides.

Good photography shouldn't need a lot of design to sell itself. If anything it gets in the way of the photo itself. Also don't used a serifed font if the rest of your site is sans-serif. Keep it consistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Seriously, if you're going to insist on having a photo, only put it on one side and have the other side basic with all of your contact info.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Seriously, if you're going to insist on having a photo, only put it on one side and have the other side basic with all of your contact info.
    Word. If you're gonna do two-sided, use the other for info (and as worrisome as it can be, do leave more info - e-mail at least, phone possibly, no need for st addy).

I do like how you have the type laid out for your name a site though. Maybe pull that look to the back? And if you have full color double sided, don't feel pressured into using as much stuff as possible. Maybe do your name/contact on the back in a two color solution - better than plain b&w while still staying clean and attractive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. Hey B-Ri, could I highjack this thread? I have a card layout I'm working on and wanted some feedback, didn't want to make a new thread if it can fit here.

5. go for it.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

6. BAM.

Who's next?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	herobusiness.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	53739  

7. haha, brillant! No need for mine now!

(although I won't get to show mine til I get home tonight)

8. That grey is screened back pretty hard. Might be tricky or non-existent when ink hits paper.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Here's what I have for a new design. I like it but feel like it could be better...

Name:	card2010C.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	196.5 KB 
ID:	53794  

10. I hate that peach colour.

I use a little dude for my "brand" too (kind of looks like me a little bit). Don't know if it will at all help, but I always integrate him in to the layout somehow:

Name:	Picture 1.png 
Views:	260 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	53795  
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 07 Apr 2010 at 12:20 PM. Reason: I am demanding of my talents! EXCEPT NO MISTAKES